Author Topic: Four Hundred Private Jets Descend On COP27 In Show Of Climate Hypocrisy  (Read 287 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY CHRIS MATTHEWS WITH AFP ON NOV 11, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Four Hundred Private Jets Descend On COP27 In Show Of Climate Hypocrisy

Climate delegates were accused of hypocrisy after 400 private jets arrived in Egypt for COP27.

Numerous posts on social media criticized delegates for traveling by private jet to the UN climate summit.

Posts and reports included various estimates for the number of such planes bringing delegates to the gathering in the beach resort of Sharm el-Sheikh. [emphasis, links added]

Climate Action Against Disinformation, a group that analyses trends in false information on social media, said in a report on Thursday that narratives of supposed ‘hypocrisy and elitism’ were one of the main focuses of climate-skeptic messages during COP27.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/four-hundred-private-jets-descend-on-cop27-in-show-of-climate-hypocrisy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Four Hundred Private Jets Descend On COP27 In Show Of Climate Hypocrisy
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 05:37:57 pm »
Wow.  What hypocrisy.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 05:41:19 pm »
Wow.  What hypocrisy.

Their true interest isn't climate change but investing climate. :smokin:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 02:00:44 am »
Many more private jets flew to Switzerland a few years back.  In fact, the British Prime Minister and Prince Charles took separate private jets.  Bicycles and buses are for the, ahem, little people. Like you.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, it is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist