Author Topic: Tom Steyer: Coronavirus Proves Trump ‘Incompetent’ on Economy  (Read 390 times)

rangerrebew

Tom Steyer: Coronavirus Proves Trump ‘Incompetent’ on Economy

Joel B. Pollak 25 Feb 2020

CHARLESTON, South Carolina — Billionaire left-wing donor Tom Steyer told reporters in the spin room after the Democrat debate Tuesday evening that the coronavirus proved President Donald Trump was “incompetent.”

“He’s incompetent … He’s unprepared in terms of the coronavirus to deal with the real world when things go wrong,” Steyer said. “He’s incompetent and bad for the American people.”

The Trump administration’s response to the threat of coronavirus has come under increasing scrutiny in recent days. Though there have been no U.S. deaths as of yet, and several dozen Americans who contracted the illness abroad have been quarantined, public health officials are now warning that the country needs to be prepared in the event of a larger outbreak.

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/02/25/tom-steyer-coronavirus-proves-trump-incompetent-on-economy/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+breitbart+%28Breitbart+News%29

rangerrebew

Re: Tom Steyer: Coronavirus Proves Trump ‘Incompetent’ on Economy
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 03:29:08 pm »
Trump is also responsible for global warming which undoubtedly started the coronavirus and the global warming was started because Trump didn't try to clear WWII pollution in Europe or Russia.  Not only that, but the economy would be better if Trump didn't get rid of so many useless regulations and give tax breaks to companies to entice them to return to America and provide so man jobs. :woohoo:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 03:29:58 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 03:32:20 pm »
Little Tommy, coronavirus is barely here yet. Are you saying Trump was supposed to do something in China to make it not happen?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 03:35:04 pm »
The Steyer quote Trumpbart uses says nothing about the economy.  Why add it to the headline? 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 03:35:08 pm »
Steyer is running as the opposition so I would expect him to say stuff like this
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 03:44:15 pm »
The Steyer quote Trumpbart uses says nothing about the economy.  Why add it to the headline?

Watch the video.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 03:50:00 pm »

The video is the feature of the piece.  Watch it.

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 04:29:15 pm »
However, the administration does face increasing public worries about coronavirus, as foreign nations struggle to contain its spread. Stocks have been rattled this week on fears about the effects of coronavirus on the global economy.

The media is playing up the coronavirus as a big health issue, but it really isn't. We've had 14,000 die this year from the flu and o deaths from coronavirus. A vaccine is being tested now and Trump did respond quickly to limit the influx of potential carriers. The real issue is the closing, or limited production, of factories in China that supply products, or parts, to businesses here. If anything we should learn from this that companies should either bring manufacturing back to the USA, or move it to less totalitarian countries.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 07:12:48 pm »
However, the administration does face increasing public worries about coronavirus, as foreign nations struggle to contain its spread. Stocks have been rattled this week on fears about the effects of coronavirus on the global economy.

The media is playing up the coronavirus as a big health issue, but it really isn't. We've had 14,000 die this year from the flu and o deaths from coronavirus. A vaccine is being tested now and Trump did respond quickly to limit the influx of potential carriers. The real issue is the closing, or limited production, of factories in China that supply products, or parts, to businesses here. If anything we should learn from this that companies should either bring manufacturing back to the USA, or move it to less totalitarian countries.

Well it is serious - the typical flu bug has a mortality rate of around .07%, while this one is from 2-3%. It kills all different types of people, and China would not have shut itself down in order to deal with it if it weren't important.

That said, the media is definitely planning to play it up as a campaign issue. I believe Trump is handling it well, but he needs to be very careful how he characterizes it publicly.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 07:20:17 pm »

Time to bring back the tarriffs