Author Topic: Amazon warns face-mask sellers about price gouging amid coronavirus fears  (Read 425 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Amazon warns face-mask sellers about price gouging amid coronavirus fears
By John Bowden - 02/25/20 04:56 PM EST

Amazon has reportedly sent warnings to sellers of medical face masks on its platform who it says are not in compliance with its policies, warning that price gouging will result in their removal from the marketplace.

Emails obtained by Wired show that the company has warned sellers against gouging prices on the items amid the outbreak of a novel form of coronavirus from China, which has led to a global spike in purchases of face masks.

The company has also deleted some listings of the items that were sharply raised in price amid the outbreak, a company consultant told Wired. Amazon representatives did not immediately return a request for comment from The Hill.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/technology/484594-amazon-warns-face-mask-sellers-about-price-gouging-amid-coronavirus-fears
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Amazon warns face-mask sellers about price gouging amid coronavirus fears
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 10:51:58 pm »
The masks that aren't priced extremely high are sold out.  Desperate people will still buy them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 11:08:19 pm »
I've heard that face masks don't offer much protection against the coronavirus.  So I'm not buying. 

Amazon is very good if you buy from it directly.  Its third party sellers, on the other hand, are iffy.  Buyer Beware -- always.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 11:12:08 pm »
I've heard that face masks don't offer much protection against the coronavirus.  So I'm not buying. 

Amazon is very good if you buy from it directly.  Its third party sellers, on the other hand, are iffy.  Buyer Beware -- always.

I look for "Amazon Fulfillment" when I pick out what I want.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 11:36:20 pm »
I look for "Amazon Fulfillment" when I pick out what I want.

Same here.  Third party sellers are identified with words like "shipped and sold by Joe  Shmo Company." 

I do have to say that I have had a few good experiences with outside sellers.  For example, I get my diabetes testing supplies from a man in Topeka, KS who works out of his home.  He ships for free, his prices are way better than if I went through insurance or bought them at a pharmacy and the products are legit -- not knock-offs.  He called me once after I complained to Amazon about not receiving a shipment.  Nice guy.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 11:42:56 pm »
Same here.  Third party sellers are identified with words like "shipped and sold by Joe  Shmo Company." 

I do have to say that I have had a few good experiences with outside sellers.  For example, I get my diabetes testing supplies from a man in Topeka, KS who works out of his home.  He ships for free, his prices are way better than if I went through insurance or bought them at a pharmacy and the products are legit -- not knock-offs.  He called me once after I complained to Amazon about not receiving a shipment.  Nice guy.

I got some TENS pads dirt cheap.  Worked great.
I will NOT comply.