State Chapters > Illinois

New Bill Will Make it Illegal for Citizens to Pump Their Own Gas — To Keep You ‘Safe’

<< < (2/6) > >>

IsailedawayfromFR:
Well, I do consider some should not be pumping their own gas.

Just last month I had to yell at a woman who was about to drive off after leaving the nozzle in her gas tank.

Then the other day I accosted an idiot who was pumping gas with a lit cigarette in his lips hovering over the gas tank opening.

I told him if he wants to kill himself, could he please wait until I left the premises.

Elderberry:
Will they check the air in your tires? Check your oil level and clean your windshield like the gas station attendants of the old days?

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Elderberry on February 29, 2020, 02:42:25 am ---Will they check the air in your tires? Check your oil level and clean your windshield like the gas station attendants of the old days?

--- End quote ---

I do full service at the local Conoco - and yeah, they do... It's good I think to get someone else's eyeballs under the hood on a regular basis, and that has saved me a couple times. I let em run it up the rack once a year too, for an oil and lube, and a general look-see...

Worth it to me. And way cheaper than a mechanic.

Elderberry:
Interesting. I can't remember ever having an attendant even pump gas for me. Years ago, around here there were some full service stations, but they also had self service pumps. That's what I used. My dad never did any car maintenance so I had to learn on my own. About the only time I've had a mechanic touch one of my cars was for new tires or automatic transmission repair.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: andy58-in-nh on February 25, 2020, 02:02:30 pm ---There is only one state left in the nation that has such a law, and it's New Jersey.

--- End quote ---
@andy58-in-nh

No doubt it is a union job.

HEY! Recent college graduates need jobs,too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version