General Category > Elections 2020

Bernie Sanders Doubles Down On His Fidel Castro Support In 60 Minutes Interview

(1/4) > >>

Elderberry:
Gateway Pundit by Brock Simmons February 24, 2020

Leading Democrat Bernie Sanders Doubles Down On His Fidel Castro Support In 60 Minutes Interview

Bernie the commie continues to show he is oblivious to history and reality. He has previously taken flak for voicing his support for communist regimes, such as Cuba and the Soviet Union, while sometimes blaming America for the failures of those systems. But rather than realize it was a mistake to support murderous dictators of decades past, Bernie is doubling down and continuing to say great things about Fidel Castro and the Cuban communist revolution.

Anderson Cooper recently sat down with Bernie for 60 Minutes, and when asked about his previous statements on the comunistas, he said, “When Fidel Castro came into office, you know what he did? He had a massive literary program. Is that a bad thing, even though Fidel Castro did it?” Cooper asks him about the dissidents who were imprisoned, and Bernie goes “That’s right. And we condemn that, unlike Donald Trump, let’s be clear.”

More: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/02/leading-democrat-bernie-sanders-doubles-down-on-his-fidel-castro-support-in-60-minutes-interview/

240B:
Well, there goes Florida for Sanders. Lots of Cuban dissidents in Florida, many of whom have lost friends and family members to Castro's loving version of Communism. Many Cubans in the State escaped from Castro's gulag country. Don't know what Sanders thinks he is doing, but a large percentage of American Hispanics absolutely HATE Fidel Castro. By showing Castro love, Bernie is confusing his Hispanic base. This doesn't mean they will vote for Trump, but the nightmare of Cuba will keep them from voting for Sanders.

They do not want to live through that horror again.

Elderberry:
A very good friend of mine was a Cuban Expat and absolutely hated Castro. Every year he went to Miami for a Cuban Expat get together.

He had no ill will to the U.S. after we left him on the beach during the Bay of Pigs and he spent several years in Cuban prison.

Bigun:

--- Quote from: Elderberry on February 24, 2020, 02:41:40 pm ---A very good friend of mine was a Cuban Expat and absolutely hated Castro. Every year he went to Miami for a Cuban Expat get together.

He had no ill will to the U.S. after we left him on the beach during the Bay of Pigs and he spent several years in Cuban prison.

--- End quote ---

There were a bunch of company guys who didn't take so well to their friends being hung out to dry on that beach.  Ask John F. Kennedy about that.

andy58-in-nh:
I am really looking forward to wearing my Trump 2020 hat while I'm in Miami this coming September, especially while walking down Calle Ocho in Little Havana (while smoking a cigar, of course). 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version