Author Topic: Democratic Presidential Clown Car Update for February 24, 2020  (Read 222 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Democratic Presidential Clown Car Update for February 24, 2020
« on: February 24, 2020, 02:08:05 pm »
Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog

Bernie’s the frontrunner, Bloomberg battered over fat broads and horse-faced lesbians, more slams against #NeverTrump, plus a gratuitous Slashdot joke. It’s your Democratic Presidential clown car update!

Delegates
They’re still not through counting in Nevada, but right now the delegate count stands at:

Sanders 34
    Buttigieg 23
    Joe Biden 8
    Elizabeth Warren 8
    Amy Klobuchar 7

Polls

Omitting anything older than Sunday:

CBS News: Sanders 28, Warren 19, Biden 17, Bloomberg 13, Buttigieg 10, Klobuchar 5, Steyer 2, Gabbard 1. 10,000 registered voters should be enough, but I don’t buy Warren in second place.

CBS News (South Carolina): Biden 28, Sanders 23, Steyer 18, Warren 12, Buttigieg 10, Klobuchar 4, Gabbard 1.

Minneapolis Star Tribune (Minnesota): Klobuchar 29, Sanders 23, Warren 11, Biden 8, Bloomberg 3, Gabbard 1, Steyer 1.

----

Pundits, etc.

Full blown panic among the Democratic establishment as Sanders takes a firm lead:

“In 30-plus years of politics, I’ve never seen this level of doom. I’ve never had a day with so many people texting, emailing, calling me with so much doom and gloom,” said Matt Bennett of the center-left group Third Way after Sanders’ win in Nevada.

Bennett said moderates firmly believe a Sanders primary win would seal Donald Trump’s reelection. “It’s this incredible sense that we’re hurtling to the abyss. I also think we could lose the House. And if we do, there would be absolutely no way to stop [Trump]. Today is the most depressed I’ve ever been in politics.”

---

Welcome to the Bernie and Bloomberg show:

Good heavens. The Democratic presidential primary just took a giant leap beyond pass-the-popcorn stage. (We were doing that from the moment Beto O’Rourke learned the media wasn’t willing to treat him like he had magical powers anymore because he wasn’t running against Ted Cruz.) We were at hit-record on-your-DVRs when it became clear on Iowa caucus night that no one was going to win. No, the Democratic presidential primary has reached a point few of us outside it ever thought it would reach: They’re having a conversation they actually need to have.

Mike Bloomberg’s campaign just unveiled a web ad making the obvious point that almost everyone else in the Democratic Party would prefer to ignore: There’s a thuggish mentality to Bernie Sanders’s online supporters. After Sanders charged that Bloomberg didn’t have the kind of energy that would be needed to defeat Trump, Bloomberg came back with an ad pointing out that Sanders supporters regularly tweet and offer memes with comments such as “vote Bernie or bad things will happen.” Supporters of Bloomberg are “going on lists.” The 53-second Bloomberg ad calls out Sanders for a seemingly disingenuous or powerless and pointless call for “civil discourse” while his grassroots supporters speak as if they can’t wait to get started on the liquidation of the Kulaks after Election Day.

More: https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=43549

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Re: Democratic Presidential Clown Car Update for February 24, 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 02:51:26 pm »
It's interesting that Sanders could win that big and come away with fewer than half the delegates. Sanders + Warren is slightly over half, but I don't think Sanders will inherit 100% of Warren's support when she folds. Without Bloomberg I don't think those numbers mean much at this stage.

Edit> It looks like Hi I'm Amy has a shot at winning her home state - she should get Kasich's endorsement...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 02:55:32 pm by Snarknado »
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA