Author Topic: How Bernie Sanders would reverse the outcome of the Mexican–American War within a single year  (Read 909 times)

Offline skeeter

@IsailedawayfromFR
Slow to really anger to the point of violence compared to other people,and unbelievably aggressive and brutal when push comes to shove.

Keep pushing and find out. You are almost there.
Kipling wrote a poem along those lines.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Kipling wrote a poem along those lines.

@skeeter

In is no stretch to state that I am not a big fan of poetry,but Rudyard Kipling in MY opinion,might have been the smartest man to have ever lived.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

In is no stretch to state that I am not a big fan of poetry,but Rudyard Kipling in MY opinion,might have been the smartest man to have ever lived.

He may be, but he was also very un-PC.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 09:39:44 pm by skeeter »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

----------------------------------------
My source is Britannica, not the usual suspects banging their tin pot.
While Texan independence and sovereignty happened, the issue is how.
The signing documents were coerced from a prisoner and NEVER accepted
by the Mexican Senate!!!
I'll stand w/Abraham Lincoln who campaigned on this issue in 1848; receiving
loud criticism from the promoters of Polk's annexation. Admittedly, Lincoln had
an ax to grind as Texas created another large slave State.
And instead of standing like you alongside a country that was defeated decisively in a war, so badly that its head of state and military commander surrendered after being captured posing as a transvestite, I stand with the countries of France, the Netherlands, Belgium and the United States all of which did indeed recognize the independent nation of Texas.

The French established its embassy in Austin in 1841 in a building which still stands today.

No amount of verbiage you might dig up and throw against the wall to see if it sticks will alter the fact that Texas was sovereign.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Absalom

And instead of standing like you alongside a country that was defeated decisively in a war, so badly that its head of state and military commander surrendered after being captured posing as a transvestite, I stand with the countries of France, the Netherlands, Belgium and the United States all of which did indeed recognize the independent nation of Texas.
The French established its embassy in Austin in 1841 in a building which still stands today.
No amount of verbiage you might dig up and throw against the wall to see if it sticks will alter the fact that Texas was sovereign.
-----------------------------
Stand wherever you wish but keep your helmet on 24/7/365!
Speaking of pointless verbiage thrown against the wall; your French Embassy
established in Austin of 1841 reference, sure is a candidate for First Prize.
What I said came largely from the Britannica, which you may have heard of;
as such I had no need to dig anything up and toss it against the wall.
History records reality and speaks for itself!!!

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 01:13:00 am by Absalom »