Author Topic: Nevada Presidential Democratic Caucuses, February 22nd, Saturday  (Read 1402 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Nevada Presidential Democratic Caucuses, February 22nd, Saturday
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2020, 02:20:30 am »
Frankly I find it extremely troubling that so many AMERICANS (?) want a communist.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2020, 03:40:31 am »
Frankly I find it extremely troubling that so many AMERICANS (?) want a communist.

I do likewise.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2020, 04:54:26 am »
Ooops, edit on, someone else said this was an offensive thing to say...
Go figure. The Germans didn't overrun the Maginot Line, they went around it, through Belgium.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2020, 07:56:39 am »
Someone, well, Zuhdi Jasser in fact, tweeted out not to forget this story:
Bernie Sanders says felons, even Boston Marathon bomber, should have right to vote in prison
Aamer Madhani | USA TODAY | 11:42 am EDT April 23, 2019

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders said he thinks every U.S. citizen, even the convicted Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, should be allowed to vote in American elections.

Sanders offered his stance at a CNN town hall Monday when asked whether he thought felons should be allowed to vote while they’re incarcerated, not just after their release.

More: https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3548232002

:pondering:

Zuhdi, good man, has appeared on Fox:   https://twitter.com/DrZuhdiJasser

He was pressed on whether it was appropriate to enfranchise sex offenders or someone convicted of a heinous crime like Tsarnaev, who with his brother carried out the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing that left three dead and injured hundreds more.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2020, 07:58:48 am »
Noteworthy too:

Ted Cruz
@tedcruz
Yang is right: This is the most fundamental political shift of the past decade.  The Democratic Party has abandoned the working class, has abandoned union members, and the GOP has become the blue-collar party of jobs.

(video at)

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1231417449028911105

Well, at the debate, they did speak of Unions some... but we will see. Hate to see the Dems just become the party of slouches, getting everyone else to pay for them.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2020, 10:09:15 am »

I wonder where the support is coming from. Which candidate are the baby boomers leaning towards opposed to millennials, generation x, etc.

Somehow I think Bernie is doing well with people say, under 40, whereas the democrats who grew up say, under FDR, Truman, etc, or people who voted for say, JFK and RFK, may be feeling different?

I’m just going by Democrats I know and the ones I’ve spoken to. The people I know who are octogenarians right now aren’t for Bernie. They want someone one like FDR, or Stevenson.

The ones I know who are around 50ish or maybe even late 40s through 70s again are just Luke warm on Bernie.

Which leaves the 18-40ish year olds. They seem to be the ones that like “uncle” Bernie.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2020, 10:11:44 am »
Btw, I went out to lunch with my mom, and right now the only lawn signs I see are for Bloomberg.

This is bound to change because our primary is in June. I’m sure I’ll see more for other candidates by say, April.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:13:21 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2020, 11:47:27 am »

The way I see it, what is their choice?
The struggle is we don't get to pick who runs, only who wins so if you believe that it is important to vote, then you pick the best horse in the race, not necessarily the BEST around.
There have been many many elections that I had to hold my nose when I voted....

Offline TomSea

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2020, 01:37:46 am »
Lots of good tweets, RTs at Reagan Batallion (twitter account, I don't know if they are even always pro-Trump but this is a lot of good stuff)

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion
Caleb Hull
@CalebJHull
It doesn’t even take oppo research to show this. Bernie is going on national TV in 2020 and defending communism in Cuba. This guy is deranged.
7:09 PM · Feb 23, 2020 from Arlington, VA·Twitter for iPhone
Reagan Battalion
@ReaganBattalion
He will vote for a communist who personally advised Daniel Ortega who to this day murders children who protest his regime, who criticized JFK for opposing communism, who wants government ownership of significant parts of the economy.

If that is not cruel, what is?

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/1231746276842184705

Anyway, a lot of good stuff on this page, I should start keepinig it always open.

Even Sebastian Gorka was saying something like everyone needs to connect to social media, it be facebook, twitter or what have you.

That Reagan Battalion looks like a busy account.  It makes me wonder sometimes, do a number of people run some of these accounts?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 01:41:30 am by TomSea »