Author Topic: Harry Reid Hopes Barack And Michelle Obama Will Step In And Help Democrats Avoid A Brokered Conventi  (Read 556 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Harry Reid Hopes Barack And Michelle Obama Will Step In And Help Democrats Avoid A Brokered Convention

Christian Datoc
Senior White House Correspondent
February 19, 2020 11:52 AM ET

Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid told NPR that former President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama might still play a role in the 2020 Democratic primary.

Reid, speaking ahead of his home state Nevada’s 2020 caucus Saturday, said in an NPR interview published early Wednesday that it would benefit Democrats to avoid a brokered convention. He also expressed hope that if the field remains crowded heading into Milwaukee (the host of the Democratic convention) the remaining candidates could reach an agreement to throw their collective support behind a single candidate.

“We’re going to have to see if we can broker a deal,” he told NPR’s Tamara Keith. “Maybe we could even get Barack Obama to do it. The two most popular people in the country, and perhaps the world, are Barack and Michelle Obama.”

This isn’t the first time someone has suggested the Obamas could impact the 2020 race.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/19/harry-reid-barack-michelle-obama-brokered-democrat-convention/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline conservativevoter

Well, of course!  They are also the two most honest, right?  right?    After all, they have shown their belief in climate change by buying a $13 million estate on the edge of the ocean!   :whistle:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
“We’re going to have to see if we can broker a deal,” he told NPR’s Tamara Keith. “Maybe we could even get Barack Obama to do it. The two most popular people in the country, and perhaps the world, are Barack and Michelle Obama.”

And what world would that be?

And to think some people still don't understand why I call them "Dims".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

Wow, Harry Reid's still alive.
Huh.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Utter BS.  Many states require their delegates to cast the vote for the candidate selected in the Primary on the first ballot.  They are only released to vote for whomever if the first ballot doesn't decide the Nominee.  For Reid's plot to work, the Convention must already be brokered in the first place.

Reid has to know this, he's just talking out of his butt.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdinVA

The two most popular people in the country, and perhaps the world, are Barack and Michelle Obama.”

Harry needs to go back to his exercise equipment and leave this to the adults..

rangerrebew

Wow, Harry Reid's still alive.
Huh.

He isn't alive, he's a zombie. ghoul8

Offline skeeter

Because Barack and Michelle have such a stellar record picking winning candidates.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Utter BS.  Many states require their delegates to cast the vote for the candidate selected in the Primary on the first ballot.  They are only released to vote for whomever if the first ballot doesn't decide the Nominee.  For Reid's plot to work, the Convention must already be brokered in the first place.

@Cyber Liberty

Have the rules changed? I know for a fact that Old man Joe Kennedy bragged about buying delegates to put JFK in the WH.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Have the rules changed? I know for a fact that Old man Joe Kennedy bragged about buying delegates to put JFK in the WH.

The rules may have changed, @sneakypete, but the practice has not.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The rules may have changed, @sneakypete, but the practice has not.

@Cyber Liberty

Yes,yes. I think all of us who post on political boards have a clear understanding that "rules" are for common people,not elected officials/our rulers.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 07:02:12 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Yes,yes. I think all of us who post on political boards have a clear understanding that "rule" are for common people,not elected officials.

We're "woke" that way.  A correct usage of that term.
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

You are assuming the rules put in place are what they actually do...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You are assuming the rules put in place are what they actually do...

I was also assuming the rules stay the same throughout the game.  The Rats prefer to play Calvinball, where all rules are made up and changed on the fly.   :shrug:

It goes without saying, "Rules on a bureaucracy that are written by bureaucrats will always mean, in practice, whatever the bureaucrats choose to say they are at any given time."  One can always write a backdoor into the rules when you know in advance which rules you intend to break in the future.  Both Parties have done this with their Presidential Primary system.
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

I was also assuming the rules stay the same throughout the game.  The Rats prefer to play Calvinball, where all rules are made up and changed on the fly.   :shrug:

It goes without saying, "Rules on a bureaucracy that are written by bureaucrats will always mean, in practice, whatever the bureaucrats choose to say they are at any given time."  One can always write a backdoor into the rules when you know in advance which rules you intend to break in the future.  Both Parties have done this with their Presidential Primary system.

Just as they created debate rules this year to get some people out, they quickly changed them to get in Bloomberg who they wanted.

I have not seen this as often with the GOP.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Just as they created debate rules this year to get some people out, they quickly changed them to get in Bloomberg who they wanted.

I have not seen this as often with the GOP.

There was a lot of discussion back in '16 about rules that were changed in the Republican nominating process at the Convention.  I can't recall exactly what the change was, but people were pretty pizzed about it at the time.
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

There was a lot of discussion back in '16 about rules that were changed in the Republican nominating process at the Convention.  I can't recall exactly what the change was, but people were pretty pizzed about it at the time.

https://ballotpedia.org/Rule_40_and_its_impact_on_the_2016_Republican_National_Convention

I knew better than to claim they never play the same game.