Author Topic: Ninth Democratic Debate - Las Vegas, Nevada, Wed. Feb. 19th (NBC)  (Read 3637 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Ninth Democratic Debate - Las Vegas, Nevada, Wed. Feb. 19th (NBC)
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2020, 02:25:35 pm »
Hard for me to pick because I don't like any of them but Butigeg was the most coherant and unflappable.Kobachar showed a willingness to fight..
Slo Joe and Bloomy and warren need to go home...
Bernie was bernie...

Buttigieg is, I think,  the candidate best positioned to defeat Trump.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2020, 02:29:49 pm »
If Bloomberg does not do well in NV, will he stick with it or get out?
Not  sure his ego will let him lose..

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2020, 02:32:13 pm »

Based on what exactly?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2020, 02:33:30 pm »
Buffalo Bob agrees.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2020, 02:37:39 pm »

Don't think Mayor Pete will survive the bible belt.....

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2020, 02:46:43 pm »
If Bloomberg does not do well in NV, will he stick with it or get out?
Not  sure his ego will let him lose..

I don't think he's running in NV or SC - not on any ballots until ST?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2020, 02:48:29 pm »
I watched some of the rebroadcast of the debate, I wanted to see Bloomberg's performance again.

Also, I think Amy said Mayor Pete was defeated by 20 percentage points running for Senator in Indiana. That was quite a playground spat they had, I think Mayor Pete went after everyone he could.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2020, 02:49:44 pm »
I don't think he's running in NV or SC - not on any ballots until ST?
Did not realize that.... So he is taking a page out of Hilary's book... ignore the fly over states and rely on NY and CA to win....

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2020, 02:53:52 pm »
Did not realize that.... So he is taking a page out of Hilary's book... ignore the fly over states and rely on NY and CA to win....

He missed the deadlines in some, and the caucus states require far more prep than the few weeks he had left.

---

Offline skeeter

« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2020, 03:01:41 pm »

Doubt it. The first time he kisses his husband on stage he'll lose half the rats' core constituencies, who currently are clueless. And I'm not talking about the Bible Belt.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 03:02:33 pm by skeeter »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2020, 03:03:43 pm »

The only candidate Mayor Pete can beat is Joe Biden.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2020, 03:07:08 pm »
I totally agree. It will be Bloomberg vs Trump in November. Don’t underestimate Mayor Mike. Yes, he was perceived as weak the first hour, but he’ll be will learn from it and he’ll wipe the floor with Senator Warren on the next debate.

Bloomberg couldn't even get elected Mayor of New York as a Democrat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2020, 03:49:37 pm »
Based on what exactly?

I'm not saying Mayor Pete can win the Dem nomination;  I'm saying he would be the nominee in the best position to defeat Trump.

The Dems, to win,  need to perform a balancing act so as not to lose centrists while retaining/inspiring the youth vote and suburban women.  Buttigieg is by far the most articulate of the bunch,  isn't a fossil like most of the rest,  and plays a moderate on television well enough to flip states like Pennsylvania. 

Sanders will inspire the youth vote but will turn off the moderates.   Bloomberg may appeal to centrists,  but he's not going to bring out the youth vote, and will likely turn off women.   Buttigieg's the most formidable rival for Trump because he stands the best chance of pulling together the traditional Dem constituencies while appealing to independents and those seeking a "sane" alternative to Trump.   And Trump will find it harder to attack Buttigieg, while Sanders and  Bloomie present obvious, easy targets.         
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 04:02:15 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2020, 04:39:49 pm »
I think, thank God, too many people will reject Mayor Pete's infanticide views,
Pete Buttigieg faces backlash from pro-life women after infanticide answer: 'You're extremely radical'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/pete-buttigieg-backlash-infanticide-view

Pity our country when the abortion nutjobs can win on this, even though, basically, this is what Obama was actually. But I think the tide has turned since.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2020, 07:57:56 pm »
If Sanders runs away with NV and SC, that momentum might put him as undisputed front runner in the race after Super Tuesday.

I'd rather see though the ST delegates be split to all of the 6 top candidates, and that Bloomberg rises up to counter Sanders now that Biden is likely out.

Still pining for that brokered convention and a weak nominee.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 08:03:41 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2020, 08:05:38 pm »
If the Dems try too hard to destroy Bloomberg, they may find themselves having him head up a third party run out of spite, similar to Ross Perot which brought down the GOP twice in favor of Clinton.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2020, 09:18:08 pm »
If Sanders runs away with NV and SC, that momentum might put him as undisputed front runner in the race after Super Tuesday.

I'd rather see though the ST delegates be split to all of the 6 top candidates, and that Bloomberg rises up to counter Sanders now that Biden is likely out.

Still pining for that brokered convention and a weak nominee.

Their doomsday scenario would be Sanders with 49% of the delegates, no one else with more than 30%, and they take it away from Sanders.
---

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2020, 09:44:58 pm »
Their doomsday scenario would be Sanders with 49% of the delegates, no one else with more than 30%, and they take it away from Sanders.

100% correct.  If that were to be the lay of the land heading into Milwaukee and it goes to somebody like Hillary Clinton, the Sanders people will refuse to vote in the General, en mass.  Can't say I'd blame them, either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2020, 11:10:45 pm »
In any case, it seemed that the race had reached a point where the fog of war had cleared enough for each candidate to start getting their ducks in a row. Then Bloomberg shows up and scrambles the board again for everyone except possibly Sanders. I really can't see any way things could be unfolding worse for the dems, all the more gratifying for Bloomberg being the root cause of their latest misery.
---

Online Hoodat

« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2020, 11:13:03 pm »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2020, 11:20:48 pm »
I finally late last night went and watched the debates on YouTube... Elizabeth was a mad dog on speed, but only in attacking others, she offers nothing but the same commie ideas most the rest of the far left does.... Her only attribute to the debates was the attacking of the other candidates... Pete attacked and at least gave some idea where he was coming from (some dark brown hole I imagine)... Sanders was the same nut he always was... The other lady candidate almost cried on stage (leave me alone)... and the billionaire will require expensive healthcare after being tore a new one... (I say he is too old to fix, let him die according to his own reasoning). The only one that seemed to have a good night was actually Quid Pro Joe...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2020, 11:31:05 pm »
I finally late last night went and watched the debates on YouTube... Elizabeth was a mad dog on speed, but only in attacking others, she offers nothing but the same commie ideas most the rest of the far left does.... Her only attribute to the debates was the attacking of the other candidates... Pete attacked and at least gave some idea where he was coming from (some dark brown hole I imagine)... Sanders was the same nut he always was... The other lady candidate almost cried on stage (leave me alone)... and the billionaire will require expensive healthcare after being tore a new one... (I say he is too old to fix, let him die according to his own reasoning). The only one that seemed to have a good night was actually Quid Pro Joe...

They have no reason to attack Biden - it would be like kicking your decrepit pooch after he wanders into the street and gets run over by a garbage truck.
---