Author Topic: Chrissie Hynde pens kind letter to Trump, reveals she allowed Rush Limbaugh to use her song  (Read 620 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chrissie Hynde pens kind letter to Trump, reveals she allowed Rush Limbaugh to use her song

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Tuesday, February 18, 2020

The Pretenders frontwoman Chrissie Hynde on Monday penned an open letter to President Trump saying her late father “would have enjoyed” his presidency and would have been “delighted” to see the president award Rush Limbaugh with the Medal of Freedom.

“Dear Mr. President, I often think of how much my father, Melville ‘Bud’ Hynde, who proudly served his country as a Marine on Guadalcanal, would have enjoyed your Presidency,” Ms. Hynde tweeted, directly tagging the president.

The 68-year-old guitarist and singer revealed that her father also liked Mr. Limbaugh, who used her song “My City Was Gone” on his syndicated radio show with her permission.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/feb/18/chrissie-hynde-pens-kind-letter-to-trump-reveals-s/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LegalAmerican

Nice, but have zero idea who this person is, or her father.  STILL NICE. 

Offline skeeter

Surprisingly respectful. I suspect the Pretenders aren't touring anymore.

Offline Applewood

Surprisingly respectful. I suspect the Pretenders aren't touring anymore.

Actually, they are.  The Pretenders will be with Journey in my neck of the woods sometime in July.

Offline dfwgator

Although she is as Liberal as anyone, the Left will still disown her because she didn't call Trump a "Nazi".

Online Hoodat

Actually, they are.  The Pretenders will be with Journey in my neck of the woods sometime in July.

Saw them at the Fabulous Fox Theater back in the 80s, although I went only to see the backup - Iggy Pop.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

I recall they also toured with Fleetwood Mac (less Buckingham) on their 2019 tour.

One of my favorite Pretenders songs

The Pretenders on Austin City Limits "Middle of the Road"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVry7uMud1o

Oh and this one too

The Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang HQ Music

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK3uf5V0pDA

This too

The Pretenders - 2000 Miles (Official Music Video)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEyGZlBdkaA
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline mortarman

Although she is as Liberal as anyone, the Left will still disown her because she didn't call Trump a "Nazi".

The Left-wing Fascist Agenda already disowned her because she allowed Rush to use her song.

:2popcorn:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline verga

Listened to it on youtube. I never knew that was his bumper music.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Night Hides Not

Listened to it on youtube. I never knew that was his bumper music.

It's a great song, the lyrics seem to have a decidedly conservative bent.

"...way to go Ohio..."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Hoodat

It's a great song, the lyrics seem to have a decidedly conservative bent.

"...way to go Ohio..."

Never understood how as an Ohioan she could mispronounce 'Cuyahoga' in the song.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

Never understood how as an Ohioan she could mispronounce 'Cuyahoga' in the song.
I've lived in Wisconsin all my life, seventy years. There's a number of towns and bodies of water in the state with Indian or French derivations that I only learned the correct pronunciation after many, many years.
For instance, how do you think  "Lake Butte Des Morts" is pronounced? Hint: it's not pronounced like it looks.

Offline Slide Rule

« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 07:17:34 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote