Author Topic: Trump expected to commute sentencing of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich  (Read 2552 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Nah...nothing swampy or politics as usual about this at all.

Remind me again how much of an outsider Trump is and how he was gonna shake things up in DC. 

*****rollingeyes*****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Big whoop. Trump sneezing is a bad move in your opinion.

Proof positive that some people here will defend everything and anything Trump does.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online mountaineer

Charlie Kirk  @charliekirk11

Did you know:
Barack Obama pardoned Oscar Lopez Rivera
Rivera a leader of a Marxist-Leninist terrorist group who committed 130+ bombing attacks in the United States in a bid to make Puerto Rico an independent Communist nation
I don't remember the left being outraged then?
🤔
6:39 PM · Feb 18, 2020
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

So is Dr. McKinney going to share what she says she knows?
I have no idea.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mountaineer

So is Dr. McKinney going to share what she says she knows?

I just noticed Cynthia has a PHD.... 888mouth
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Please tell me yall ain't talking about this Cynthia McKinney
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

And by the way, guys, Trump has, at the same time, also pardoned former 49ers owner, Eddie DeBartolo, Jr.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nfl-greats-thank-trump-for-pardon-of-hall-of-fame-owner-eddie-debartolo-jr

This is funny to me because I live not far from the DeBartolo family hometown of Youngstown, Ohio and the DeBartolos were rumored to be the local crime family there. 

So did Trump wake up one morning with a horse's head in his bed? 

Yes, I'm kidding.

Perhaps you’re kidding, but as one born in and raised near Youngstown, I wouldn’t be too sure.

Might want to check the stables....    :tongue2:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Lol! I just read that the WaPo thinks Trump pardoned DeBartolo to win Mahoning County which was won by Hillary in 16!

Well, why not..... deal maker that he is!?  :silly:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline corbe

Trump doesn't have a snowball chance in hell of winning Illinois even if he pardoned/commuted all their EX Governors sentences, IMHO, now, getting Pete Rose in the HOF should go a long way.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I don't have a problem with it...and I am in Il

Blago did nothing that every other politician in Il and across the country has done..quid pro quo....he just got caught and angered O'Bama by doing so...so O'Bama sic'ed prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald on him.

I am glad he got a commute instead of a pardon because he did commit a crime...

IL is corrupt from Chicago on down...they would have to lock up about 90% of the politicians here....and that wouldn't be a bad thing..lol

So now it's ok for Republicans to act like Democrats just because "it's Chicago"?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Charlie Kirk  @charliekirk11

Did you know:
Barack Obama pardoned Oscar Lopez Rivera
Rivera a leader of a Marxist-Leninist terrorist group who committed 130+ bombing attacks in the United States in a bid to make Puerto Rico an independent Communist nation
I don't remember the left being outraged then?
🤔
6:39 PM · Feb 18, 2020

They weren't because that was done to help Hillary win when she ran for senator in New York.

They weren't outraged either when Clinton pardoned Mark Rich at the last minute in 2001 either.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
So now it's ok for Republicans to act like Democrats just because "it's Chicago"?

What!....I guess I wasn't clear.

Blago committed the same crimes that every politician has or is committing every day...you give me this, I'll give you that.....quid pro quo.......nothing to do with Chicago and nothing to do with me being a Repub Conservative.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Blago committed the same crimes that every politician has or is committing every day...you give me this, I'll give you that.....quid pro quo.......nothing to do with Chicago and nothing to do with me being a Repub Conservative.

And still not a reason for Trump to pardon him...except as some kind of childish retort to Obama trying to take credit for the current economy.

It reeks of politics as usual in DC.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
And still not a reason for Trump to pardon him...except as some kind of childish retort to Obama trying to take credit for the current economy.

It reeks of politics as usual in DC.

It's no doubt political..isn't everything in DC
Support the USO

Offline corbe

Pull up @corbe

Thanks for the Heads-Up @Right_in_Virginia

If I remember correctly the last time I danced with you I had my dance card punched for a 12 Hour timeout (my only one).    :beer:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's no doubt political..isn't everything in DC

True. But it lays bare the lie that people repeat about Trump not being a politician and some kind of rebel who was going to “drain the swamp” in DC

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
True. But it lays bare the lie that people repeat about Trump not being a politician and some kind of rebel who was going to “drain the swamp” in DC

Well that hasn't happened and I doubt it ever will....remember the chant *Lock her up*...nuff said.
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

And still not a reason for Trump to pardon him...

The President did not pardon Gov. Blago @txradioguy  He's still a felon.   Trump commuted his sentence to time served, which is ten years v fourteen years.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 02:44:12 am by Right_in_Virginia »

@Right_in_Virginia

Sorry, but I still see nothing good and right about letting Blago before his sentence is up, but I do see a lot  of wrong.  Just my opinion, for what little it's worth.

Okay .. no need to apologize @Applewood   happy77

I remember the majority of folks in public and private being horrified and outraged --- not so much by the verdict, although the hypocrisy factor was huge --- but by the sentence. @mystery-ak

People convicted of manslaughter are not sentenced to fourteen years in prison.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I remember the majority of folks in public and private being horrified and outraged --- not so much by the verdict, although the hypocrisy factor was huge --- but by the sentence. @mystery-ak

People convicted of manslaughter are not sentenced to fourteen years in prison.

Yes...although most people disliked Blago, especially here in Central Il..we all felt he was over-charged and over sentenced....but we all knew who was behind it all....

I am not saying that Blago wasn't guilty..I want to make that clear..just that 14 years was a bit of a shock.
Support the USO

Yes...although most people disliked Blago, especially here in Central Il..we all felt he was over-charged and over sentenced....but we all knew who was behind it all....

I am not saying that Blago wasn't guilty..I want to make that clear..just that 14 years was a bit of a shock.

I get it @mystery-ak   And I agree with you. He was scheduled for release in 2024, so he served ten of the fourteen years.

I think Blago's circumstance is why we have clemency.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 02:45:10 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Applewood

GOP Campaign Donor in Texas Among President Trump's Pardons

President Donald Trump's blitz of pardons included giving one to the former owner of a Texas construction company whose family has donated to Republican candidates.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/texas/articles/2020-02-18/gop-campaign-donor-in-texas-among-president-trumps-pardons

@Right_in_Virginia

This is what I mean about optics. I've also read a rumor that people connected to one of the high-profile recipients of a Trump pardon or clemency donated to Trump's re-election.  Presumably, it's going around Twitter and the high-profile donor is not named, which makes me think the story is bogus.  But you know that stuff like this will invite scrutiny into Trump's motives for pardoning and commuting sentences today. 

In other words -- another witch hunt.  Something I don't think Trump needs if he wants to be re-elected. 

GOP Campaign Donor in Texas Among President Trump's Pardons

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/texas/articles/2020-02-18/gop-campaign-donor-in-texas-among-president-trumps-pardons

@Right_in_Virginia

This is what I mean about optics. I've also read a rumor that people connected to one of the high-profile recipients of a Trump pardon or clemency donated to Trump's re-election.  Presumably, it's going around Twitter and the high-profile donor is not named, which makes me think the story is bogus.  But you know that stuff like this will invite scrutiny into Trump's motives for pardoning and commuting sentences today. 

In other words -- another witch hunt.  Something I don't think Trump needs if he wants to be re-elected.

I understand what you're saying @Applewood  I guess I'm just numb to all the faux histrionics, threats and second, third and fourth guessing from Internet warriors, Twitterers (is that a word?), pundits and our esteemed government "leaders".  I really believe there is nothing the President will or will not do that won't cause heads somewhere to spontaneously explode ... and that we'll hear about it over and over and over again in an effort to make it true AND malicious.

Early on I wanted to protect the President from this.  A part of me wanted the President to be silent and tiptoe through the halls of the White House and aisles of Air Force One. But after nearly four years of the non-stop BS thrown at the President, I don't think it's a joke to say if he finds the cure for cancer the CNN headline would read: "Trump ignores the scourge of heart disease".

Now I say, "let 'er rip", Mr. President.  Do and say what you think is right.
The President is still standing --- so his instincts must be pretty good.   :beer:

Offline corbe

The President is still standing --- so his instincts must be pretty good.

Indeed they are, @Right_in_Virginia particularly the onslaught that he has been through, though quite a bit was self-inflicted, IMHO.  He has certainly surpassed my wildest expectations of what he was actually capable of.