Author Topic: Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy over sex abuse lawsuits  (Read 2056 times)

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy over sex abuse lawsuits
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2020, 10:10:58 pm »
About a year ago, LDS church said,  it will no longer FUND the B.S.'s.  It still wanted members to do it, if they wanted to.

Now, I hear this.  Must have lost a lot of funds coming in.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2020, 10:11:30 pm »
Anna James Zeigler @ajzeigler
Just an observation you're free to ignore.
The DNC, the SBC, & the Boy Scouts are all facing a great deal of turmoil at the moment. In each case, the source of the turmoil is the same: their leadership slowly caved to demands of the woke left.
9:40 AM · Feb 18, 2020

Yep! When YOU won't stand up for yourself, no one else is going to do it for you!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2020, 10:13:49 pm »
About a year ago, LDS church said,  it will no longer FUND the B.S.'s.  It still wanted members to do it, if they wanted to.

Now, I hear this.  Must have lost a lot of funds coming in.

The Church alone leaving cost them 18% of its annual funding and that doesn't even mention the thousands of LDS leaders who turned in their credentials.  I am but one of that group.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2020, 12:30:38 am »
I don't see them surviving this.

If they "reorganize" and emerge from bankruptcy, won't that once again open the way for more lawsuits against them (of which there may be many)??

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2020, 12:55:46 am »
They started down the road to this outcome 4 years ago when they decided to trade morals and principals for corporate money.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2020, 12:59:59 am »
They started down the road to this outcome 4 years ago when they decided to trade morals and principals for corporate money.

"Get woke, go broke."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2020, 01:02:41 am »
"Get woke, go broke."

And the Scouts are exhibit A of why that statement is so true.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2020, 01:21:19 am »
And the Scouts are exhibit A of why that statement is so true.

They'll never learn. **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2020, 01:24:33 am »
They'll never learn. **nononono*

That's true and it's a shame because of the quality of people that scouts has produced in the past.  General officers...astronauts...industrial and world leaders.

I'll never forget being at my oldest boys Arrow of Light Ceremony.

IMHO if the Scouts had been smart they'd have seen this coming back in 2000 when the Boy Scout Color Guard at the Democrat Convention was booed as they presented the National Colors.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2020, 01:39:57 am »
It sure seems like the first time of trouble, the organization should have come down firmly on the procedures which admited "leaders," that were going to get them in trouble.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2020, 01:42:11 am »
It sure seems like the first time of trouble, the organization should have come down firmly on the procedures which admited "leaders," that were going to get them in trouble.

The sad part is they had a court order in hand siding with them on not allowing gay scout leaders within the ranks.

But they folded like a cheap suit at the first sign corporate money was going to go away.

Offline darroll

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2020, 02:18:55 am »
What does one expect.
The new scout leaders don't think the kids are part of a troop...
Just toys.
Sick country.

Offline verga

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2020, 07:59:41 pm »
The article states that local councils aren't filing for bankruptcy so the organization continues -- but what is being done to ensure that the abuse doesn't continue? 

Every year we have Youth Protection Training. Scouts (we allow girls now) have to travel in groups everywhere. Leadership is 2 deep, no one on one contact between adults and scouts. This is the Reader's Digest version
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2020, 08:01:39 pm »
Nor the decision to let girls become boy scouts.
The U.S. and the Philippines were the only countries not allowing girls to be in the Scouts.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2020, 08:03:03 pm »
The U.S. and the Philippines were the only countries not allowing girls to be in the Scouts.

And rightly so - That's what Girl Scouts is for.

Offline verga

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2020, 08:09:38 pm »
And rightly so - That's what Girl Scouts is for.
The Girl Scouts caved to the leftists years ago. Planned Murderhood has them in their pocket.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2020, 08:12:25 pm »
The Girl Scouts caved to the leftists years ago. Planned Murderhood has them in their pocket.

Yep, but that ain't a reason for em to invade Boy Scouts.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2020, 08:32:44 pm »
I was a Boy Scout back in the late '60's and early '70's, and never saw or heard of any evidence of crap like is being reported.

In that day, a scout leader would have gotten his ass kicked if he was a predator like that.

I guess this organization circled the drain afterwards.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2020, 08:34:01 pm »

So who the hell sold me those 3 boxes of Thin Mints?   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2020, 09:00:41 pm »
Yep, but that ain't a reason for em to invade Boy Scouts.

My understanding (and I have been wrong before) was the Girl Scouts were none too happy about the Boy Scouts accepting girls... It cut into their business model... @roamer_1

EDIT: Link added...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/girl-scouts-slam-boy-scouts-decision-accept-girls/story?id=50433448
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 09:04:05 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2020, 09:05:34 pm »
Every year we have Youth Protection Training. Scouts (we allow girls now) have to travel in groups everywhere. Leadership is 2 deep, no one on one contact between adults and scouts. This is the Reader's Digest version

That was what was done in my son's troop back in the late 90s and early 00s. The sponsor was a church, and two-deep leadership and no adults being alone with kids was a policy of the church's children's ministry as well. Uniformed adult leaders had to have criminal background checks. There was some sort of brief abuse avoidance training in the handbook that a boy was required complete in order to earn Scout rank.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2020, 02:44:55 am »
I was a Boy Scout back in the late '60's and early '70's, and never saw or heard of any evidence of crap like is being reported.

In that day, a scout leader would have gotten his ass kicked if he was a predator like that.

I guess this organization circled the drain afterwards.
Yep. If the boys didn't do it--and you are dealing with a group of healthy young men ll trained to tie knots and a host of other woodlore, the parents would have.

I strongly suspect the vast majority of this occurred after a specific and controversial change in staffing policies at the troop level.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline darroll

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2020, 06:17:14 pm »
With some:
Any sentence that starts with Boy should be trashed.
The it's never invaded our game of shooting marbles.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2020, 06:36:02 pm »
Yep. If the boys didn't do it--and you are dealing with a group of healthy young men ll trained to tie knots and a host of other woodlore, the parents would have.

I strongly suspect the vast majority of this occurred after a specific and controversial change in staffing policies at the troop level.

What is so sad, is that the organizaton provided such a valuable service to boys prior to this supposed shenanigans.  From outdoor survival, to surviving on God given forrest foods, to learning sound moral values.  A crying shame that we now have lost that demographic (Thumb Warriors now) to (hopefully) a few bad apples.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2020, 10:25:29 pm »
What is so sad, is that the organizaton provided such a valuable service to boys prior to this supposed shenanigans.  From outdoor survival, to surviving on God given forrest foods, to learning sound moral values.  A crying shame that we now have lost that demographic (Thumb Warriors now) to (hopefully) a few bad apples.
Yeah, out of our little Scout troop, disbanded when we were still up and coming, came a member of SEAL Team 6, and a USMC Sergeant Major, along with a host of others who served our nation, one way or another.

We were somewhat 'outlaws' (not real good at spit and polish), but our woodlore and camping skills were exceptional, and the swimming merit badge was easy after the Red Cross Basic Survival course we'd taken. When we weren't on or in the water, we were in the woods and fields, working or playing or hunting. We kicked ass at First Aid and victim extraction/evacuation.

Many of us became volunteer firemen at an early age (14-16, which you could do then), and were running Ambulance calls before our 18th birthday.

The organization attracted kids who wanted to do and be more than just someone hanging out, something which carried over into our adulthood, and frankly, likely kept some of us out of serious trouble in our youth by giving us challenges which were positive in nature and pointing us in a good direction. 

It is a real shame what a relative handful of people with a corrupt social agenda have done to the organization.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 10:26:55 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis