Author Topic: Flash removal?  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Flash removal?
« on: February 18, 2020, 01:16:25 am »
I have an Asus laptop that refuses to delete Flash. The uninstall (in settings and the standalone download) appear to work but don't erase the Macromedia folders - I assume the flash.ocx file is the culprit. Next time I restart it's back. No plugins, I've removed all the bloatware I can find, nothing enabled in startup, nothing obvious in services, and no internet connection - it just won't go away. I haven't gone through the tedious process of changing ownership of each file so I can manually delete. Anybody know of a simpler way to put a stake in this thing?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online roamer_1

Re: Flash removal?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 04:52:37 am »
I have an Asus laptop that refuses to delete Flash. The uninstall (in settings and the standalone download) appear to work but don't erase the Macromedia folders - I assume the flash.ocx file is the culprit. Next time I restart it's back. No plugins, I've removed all the bloatware I can find, nothing enabled in startup, nothing obvious in services, and no internet connection - it just won't go away. I haven't gone through the tedious process of changing ownership of each file so I can manually delete. Anybody know of a simpler way to put a stake in this thing?

Reinstall and uninstall with Revo Uninstaller . Revo is an uninstaller on crack.

Last chance, Iobit Unlocker , which will work.

Once it is ripped, you'll want to run a mild registry cleaner (the one in CCleaner will do fine)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 04:54:03 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 01:46:04 pm »
Reinstall and uninstall with Revo Uninstaller . Revo is an uninstaller on crack.

Last chance, Iobit Unlocker , which will work.

Once it is ripped, you'll want to run a mild registry cleaner (the one in CCleaner will do fine)

So far it looks like Revo did the trick - Thanks for the tip!
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 01:49:30 pm »
So far it looks like Revo did the trick - Thanks for the tip!

Happy to help  happy77

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 02:53:55 pm »
Happy to help  happy77

Can you give me any tips on finding a decent housekeeper for pre-party cleanups?   rrthree
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 02:57:40 pm »
Can you give me any tips on finding a decent housekeeper for pre-party cleanups?   rrthree

Actually I can. But the travel time would kill you.