Author Topic: Comey urges Barr to put DOJ reputation above 'angry, vindictive president'  (Read 226 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Comey urges Barr to put DOJ reputation above 'angry, vindictive president'
by Dominick Mastrangelo
 | February 18, 2020 07:08 PM

Former FBI Director James Comey called on Attorney General William Barr to place the reputation of the Justice Department above the wishes of President Trump.

"I have heard Barr say he doesn’t care about his legacy. Maybe not, but he should care about the reservoir," Comey wrote in an opinion piece published by the Washington Post on Tuesday. "The people of [the Justice Department] depend upon it. He should care enough about them — and the rest of us — to protect this vital American asset. The reputation of the Justice Department is more important than any of us, even an angry, vindictive president."

Barr has come under intense criticism since he intervened in the case of longtime Trump confidant Roger Stone, reversing course on a heavy sentencing recommendation.

Democrats have accused Barr of acting more like Trump's personal lawyer than as the country's top law enforcement official.

This, Comey argued, does a disservice to the men and women who answer to the attorney general.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/comey-urges-barr-to-put-doj-reputation-above-angry-vindictive-president
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Comey urges Barr to put DOJ reputation above 'angry, vindictive president'
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 02:19:41 am »
Please Lord, may this lying, smarmy piece of *#+ experience justice in this life as well as the next.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Comey urges Barr to put DOJ reputation above 'angry, vindictive president'
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 02:46:09 am »
Please Lord, may this lying, smarmy piece of *#+ experience justice in this life as well as the next.

:yowsa: pointing-up :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien