Author Topic: Democrats worried about Trump's growing strength  (Read 322 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats worried about Trump's growing strength
« on: February 18, 2020, 08:33:48 pm »
Democrats worried about Trump's growing strength
By Alexander Bolton - 02/18/20 06:00 AM EST

Senate Democrats are privately acknowledging that President Trump will be very tough to beat in November if the economy stays strong and he draws on the substantial advantages of running as an incumbent.

Publicly, Democratic lawmakers are putting on a brave face, but behind closed doors anxiety is mounting over the unraveling of former Vice President Joe Biden’s White House bid and the failure of impeachment to put a dent in Trump’s approval ratings.

One of the chief concerns is that Trump, who has a virtually uncontested path to the Republican nomination, will have a big head start to prepare for the general election.

His reelection campaign is already spending heavily to reach out to voters on Facebook, and the Republican Party is solidly unified behind him.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/483189-democrats-worried-about-trumps-growing-strength
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Democrats worried about Trump's growing strength
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 09:14:52 pm »
Today the president goes to an Olympics meeting and a fundraising event...in the one-party state of California.

I bet Trump has his mind set on grabbing as many popular votes as possible from democrat controlled cities and states at next election. Call it his vanity campaign. If he can amass more popular votes in ‘20 than he did in ‘16 it will be a warning to democrats that they are in peril of losing at the ballot box if they continue trying to impeach him...plus he’d have huge bragging rights.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 12:09:12 am »
Today the president goes to an Olympics meeting and a fundraising event...in the one-party state of California.

I bet Trump has his mind set on grabbing as many popular votes as possible from democrat controlled cities and states at next election. Call it his vanity campaign. If he can amass more popular votes in ‘20 than he did in ‘16 it will be a warning to democrats that they are in peril of losing at the ballot box if they continue trying to impeach him...plus he’d have huge bragging rights.

As an added bonus, it would nip those NPV Compact movement pukes in the bud. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 12:15:45 am »
Publicly, Democratic lawmakers are putting on a brave face, but behind closed doors anxiety is mounting ...

I don't think it's just anxiety over Trump winning re-election. They should have very real fear because Trump has made it clear he won't quit exposing who they are and pointing out how impotent they are.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 09:00:31 pm »
Funny - they have nothing tangible to fear from a 2nd term, whereas a Sanders presidency would be a total disaster for them. And the ones who ran for president this year would much rather have an open office in 2024.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 11:40:25 pm »
As an added bonus, it would nip those NPV Compact movement pukes in the bud.
A hilarious insult to all liberal states.

Maybe their voters would wake up to find out they have been had.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 11:49:13 pm »
A hilarious insult to all liberal states.

Maybe their voters would wake up to find out they have been had.

They will if they get up in the morning the day after the election, and realize their State would have gone to Trump had their end-run around the constitution been in place.  I can already hear the screaming from Cali just thinking about it.  :tongue2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: