Author Topic: Buttigieg Tries Pandering to Hispanic Audience, Ends with Them Laughing at His Spanish  (Read 254 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Buttigieg Tries Pandering to Hispanic Audience, Ends with Them Laughing at His Spanish
Andrew J. Sciascia, The Western Journal
Published February 16, 2020 at 4:04am

For the sake of catharsis, I think it’s time we talked about that one friend or family member.

You know the one I’m talking about. The one who uses each and every trip to an authentic ethnic restaurant as an opportunity to brush up on their next-to-nonexistent foreign language skills.

From the greeting to the ordering of food to the final goodbye, they stumble their way through a series of stock phrases gathered in two to four years of public school Spanish, French, Italian or Mandarin lessons, never failing to make everyone — including the wait staff — deeply uncomfortable.

Well this week, 2020 Democratic presidential primary voters learned former Pete Buttigieg is undoubtedly that friend.

more
https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/buttigieg-tries-pandering-hispanic-audience-ends-laughing-spanish
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Did they serve Taco Bell tacos for refreshments?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Is Pete the new hapless Beto?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If his Spanish is that bad, how do they know that was all they were laughing at?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If his Spanish is that bad, how do they know that was all they were laughing at?
I'm not going to waste time listening to what he said but I figure they were laughing at his pronunciation and syntax, that's what always gave my Hispanic employees a good chuckle. Maybe they were laughing at his message or that a queer was asking a predominately Christian demographic to vote for someone that doesn't share their morals.

Offline dfwgator

Pedro el maricon.

Offline Polly Ticks

No bueno.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra