Author Topic: Teens arrested after police find more than 80 bombs in a truck. They’re released almost immediately.  (Read 827 times)

rangerrebew

Teens arrested after police find more than 80 bombs in a truck. They’re released almost immediately.

By

The Daily Sheeple |  Sean Walton
Published on February 15, 2020

HUTCHINSON, KS- Two 18-year-old men were recently arrested after allegedly being discovered in possession of more than 80 homemade explosives inside of a truck.

After a series of mysterious explosions were reported going off throughout the city the past few weeks, police apprehended the two suspects on February 8th.

What’s more concerning, despite the allegations and explosives discovered – the duo has already bonded out of jail and are back in the street.

https://www.thedailysheeple.com/teens-arrested-after-police-find-more-than-80-bombs-in-a-truck-theyre-released-almost-immediately/

Offline PeteS in CA

Per https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/kansas-teens-arrested-after-police-find-more-than-80-bombs-in-a-truck/ , the bombs were equivalent to 1/4 - 1/2 stick of dynamite. The teens had been using them mischievously for several weeks, to make loud noises - to gain attention - not to destroy things. So releasing them on bail was less insane than the OP article quote leads one to believe.

Bail of reasonable amount is a right guaranteed by the US Constitution, except for extreme flight risks or someone who is an imminent and serious danger to the community. Don't like it? Amend the Constitution.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Per https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/kansas-teens-arrested-after-police-find-more-than-80-bombs-in-a-truck/ , the bombs were equivalent to 1/4 - 1/2 stick of dynamite. The teens had been using them mischievously for several weeks, to make loud noises - to gain attention - not to destroy things. So releasing them on bail was less insane than the OP article quote leads one to believe.

Bail of reasonable amount is a right guaranteed by the US Constitution, except for extreme flight risks or someone who is an imminent and serious danger to the community. Don't like it? Amend the Constitution.

@PeteS in CA

I agree,and since we all knows what is going to eventually happen when you keep mixing teens with dynamite,neither known for being very stable,the problem,and most like the teens,will be short lived.

I love problems that solve themselves.

Although if they do survive,but show a lot of potential as SF demo men in the near future. Anybody that has ever known SF demo men understands what I am saying.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 07:54:08 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

@PeteS in CA
Although if they do survive,but show a lot of potential as SF demo men in the near future. Anybody that has ever known SF demo men understands what I am saying.

Sometimes former (?) hell-raisers become excellent in combat roles, and vice-versa.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline verga

Someone might suggest moving to Florida to them. This is the first "Kansas  man" thread I can recall.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Old school M-80s were supposed to be something like 1/4 stick of dynamite. I ahem  heard that if you put a few together right they'd pack a punch, but the firecrackers of my youth were 'noisemakers' on this level. (No, don't hold them in your hand if you want to keep all your fingers).
Still, if they were just making noise with them and not blowing up mailboxes or the like, I can see a mite more leniency than if they'd been using them to destroy property.

Yep, @sneakypete , these guys might have a future putting such talents to good (well, better) use.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Yep, @sneakypete , these guys might have a future putting such talents to good (well, better) use.

@Smokin Joe

It really does pay to be afraid of demo men,I don't give a damn how brave you think you are. They are not like you or me,although they do look perfectly normal at first glance.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

It really does pay to be afraid of demo men,I don't give a damn how brave you think you are. They are not like you or me,although they do look perfectly normal at first glance.
I dunno. Every powder monkey I ever met has had some sort of quirk (usually the civilians had some service record behind them). Good folks, we got along just fine, but I wouldn't want to piss one off.  :shrug:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

Well...

I made bombs...

Nitroglycerin made in chemistry class. Made more smoke than boom... The nitric acid condenser hoses disintegrated while making it...

Pipe bombs with black powder and silver powder (I don't remember what the silver powder's actual name was, it was like black powder but
was very fine with a silver sheen and burned much faster). I think firecrackers are made with it.

Gas bombs in balloons and other containers (ether, hydrogen, acetylene, propane, oxygen). Made my own hydrogen using water and electrolysis. Well mixed acetylene and oxygen in balloons makes a pretty big bang. About as loud as a large caliber hand gun...

Numerous rockets...

Tennis ball cannons using lighter's fluid... They would launch a tennis ball a LONG ways...

Flame throwers...

Made all kinds of dangerous things...

Nobody died or even lost and eye...

Had missing eyebrows from time to time...

One of the benefits of growing up in the hills...

And my thing is electronics...

Online DB

Old school M-80s were supposed to be something like 1/4 stick of dynamite. I ahem  heard that if you put a few together right they'd pack a punch, but the firecrackers of my youth were 'noisemakers' on this level. (No, don't hold them in your hand if you want to keep all your fingers).
Still, if they were just making noise with them and not blowing up mailboxes or the like, I can see a mite more leniency than if they'd been using them to destroy property.

M80 fuses continue to burn underwater. Awesome to watch in a swimming pool... If it isn't your pool... It was all the crap in the water that had to be filtered out afterwards that was the problem...

Online roamer_1

Well...

I made bombs...

Nitroglycerin made in chemistry class. Made more smoke than boom... The nitric acid condenser hoses disintegrated while making it...

Pipe bombs with black powder and silver powder (I don't remember what the silver powder's actual name was, it was like black powder but
was very fine with a silver sheen and burned much faster). I think firecrackers are made with it.

Gas bombs in balloons and other containers (ether, hydrogen, acetylene, propane, oxygen). Made my own hydrogen using water and electrolysis. Well mixed acetylene and oxygen in balloons makes a pretty big bang. About as loud as a large caliber hand gun...

Numerous rockets...

Tennis ball cannons using lighter's fluid... They would launch a tennis ball a LONG ways...

Flame throwers...

Redneck 101... Blowin sh*t up... Its fun.

Done much the same my whole life, and still do when I can. If a buddy of mine calls up with a stump to blow, of course I am coming along.

Your balloons were a thing I did too - a spectacular failure. Epic.

We were messin with acetylene balloons, combined with helium balloons to hoist em...

The first malfunction was a static charge - Someone brushed up against a garbage bag full of acetylene  laying on the ground and the static lit it off somehow... Should have stopped there with everybody bleeding out their ears... But no....

four helium balloons lifting an acetylene balloon (lawn size bags)... The fuse was the string, run through a light oil, then squeezed to get most of the oil out, then run through black powder, all done as the balloons lifted skyward... A remarkable bit of engineering to do that....

Once we ran out of string, we lit it off, and all went according to hoyle, producing an epic explosion high in the air, seen all the way across the valley... Brilliant fire high in the night sky. Magnificent.

Except for one rather small miscalculation... What would happen when a quarter mile of burning string fell earthward on a hot august night... Turned out to be quite a bit of work for 25 really drunk guys, a couple fire departments and the county deputies to put out.  :whistle:

Good times.  :beer:

Online DB

Done much the same my whole life, and still do when I can. If a buddy of mine calls up with a stump to blow, of course I am coming along.

We were messin with acetylene balloons, combined with helium balloons to hoist em...

The first malfunction was a static charge - Someone brushed up against a garbage bag full of acetylene  laying on the ground and the static lit it off somehow... Should have stopped there with everybody bleeding out their ears... But no....

four helium balloons lifting an acetylene balloon (lawn size bags)... The fuse was the string, run through a light oil, then squeezed to get most of the oil out, then run through black powder, all done as the balloons lifted skyward... A remarkable bit of engineering to do that....

Once we ran out of string, we lit it off, and all went according to hoyle, producing an epic explosion high in the air, seen all the way across the valley... Brilliant fire high in the night sky. Magnificent.

Except for one rather small miscalculation... What would happen when a quarter mile of burning string fell earthward on a hot august night... Turned out to be quite a bit of work for 25 really drunk guys, a couple fire departments and the county deputies to put out.  :whistle:

LOL!

Awesome light and sound show!

My dad had one of those 8' weather balloons. I had dreams of launching that with a hydrogen mix... Never did...

I never started any fires I couldn't put out...

That I know of...

All that has become a major federal offense these days. I don't think that does our youth any good. We need people like that. Those were good experiences that we learned from. It has allowed us to do many different things successfully due to know how and coming to understanding practical limits.

Online DB

Note on remote ignition of balloons...

Spark plug (or equivalent) works well with no extended burn. A small light bulb with the glass broken would also work well as an igniter.

And a full redneck fuse is a paper grocery bag set on fire with a balloon in it...

Redneck retribution is paper grocery bag set on fire filled with copious amounts of dog poo along with a balloon in it.

Set on someone's front porch...

Online roamer_1

Note on remote ignition of balloons...

Spark plug (or equivalent) works well with no extended burn. A small light bulb with the glass broken would also work well as an igniter.

Heh. yeah... Hind sight being 20/20 and all... We thought of a spark plug, and various things likewise - That was the first idea... But finding a big enough roll of 2-part wire light weight enough to allow lift was the problem.

We also thought of a zip style timed blasting cap tied into the string... Give it a yank, 2 minutes till boom... But there was enough weight bearing on the string that a gust could pull the cap and cause an abortive attempt...

It's tougher than you'd think. Kite string alone is pretty heavy when you are talking about that much of it...

In retrospect, considering what was available at the time, a timed electrical overload of some kind in a jacked up electrical device might have been a better solution... Nowadays it would be as easy as a burn phone (heh) and give it a call.

And a full redneck fuse is a paper grocery bag set on fire with a balloon in it...

Nice. But hard to do a quarter mile in the air... Though I can see several applications otherwise...

Redneck retribution is paper grocery bag set on fire filled with copious amounts of dog poo along with a balloon in it.
Set on someone's front porch...

rotflmao!! A  great mod on an old standby  :beer:

Online roamer_1

All that has become a major federal offense these days. I don't think that does our youth any good. We need people like that. Those were good experiences that we learned from. It has allowed us to do many different things successfully due to know how and coming to understanding practical limits.

There's something to that... What looks wild-eyed at the time sometimes can advance a field - That is exactly what's missing in over-regulated NASCAR these days.

Online Smokin Joe

LOL!

Awesome light and sound show!

My dad had one of those 8' weather balloons. I had dreams of launching that with a hydrogen mix... Never did...

I never started any fires I couldn't put out...

That I know of...

That's the sad part. Just about anything we did for fun has been criminalized. I'm glad I grew up when and where I did. Even more sad is that instead of just making noise and maybe blowing up a model car or two, the only ones you hear about want to blow up a whole lot more.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

Well...

I made bombs...

Numerous rockets...

Flame throwers...

There is an awful lot to be said for a seriously misspent youth. I am generally able to figure out the stunts my students are going to pull before they get get two steps into it. Of course the other part of it is when I will be sitting in the recliner with a dopey grin on my face and Vergette asks me what the smile is for. I just say: "Oh you know stuff" after 37 years she is wise enough to know not to ask anything more.   
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

There's something to that... What looks wild-eyed at the time sometimes can advance a field - That is exactly what's missing in over-regulated NASCAR these days.
I was blessed to have shop teachers that also had misspent youths. Old Jim Vasi took me aside one day and looked me right square in the eye and said "How can you advance the technology, if you don't push the limits."  God bless that man he helped to give me a vocation and an avocation.

Online roamer_1

I was blessed to have shop teachers that also had misspent youths. Old Jim Vasi took me aside one day and looked me right square in the eye and said "How can you advance the technology, if you don't push the limits."  God bless that man he helped to give me a vocation and an avocation.

Yeah... I had a shoo-in too... My old man was a master mechanic and fabricator, and I grew up just as much in the shop as I did the barn... I knew enough to hand him tools before I went to school... His best friend ran the local speed shop,and that's where you could find us after hours, drinking beers and doing really cool stuff... That group had a civil engineer, a mechanical engineer, two master fabricators/mechanics, and a master carpenter. I learned how to think right there.

I am a master mechanic nowadays, and the duffer that the kids ask of... Lighter than my old man in hydraulics and fabrication, but I can hold my own. I went more toward tin and wood than he did though, and wood is probably my true love of craft...

But when Dad died, his shop was sold off - I was too sick at the time to take it over. But I inherited his main tool box, and it is my pride and joy. I know every single tool in that can (tall enough you need a step stool, as wide as I can spread my arms)... every one, since my youth. And I can feel my father's blood in em, any one I pick up.

:beer:

Offline darroll

My Mother could  never figure out what happened to her lipstick metal covers.
My brother and I made bombs and rockets out of them.
Our outhouse fell down so we got indoor plumbing... 888mouth

Online DB

There is an awful lot to be said for a seriously misspent youth. I am generally able to figure out the stunts my students are going to pull before they get get two steps into it. Of course the other part of it is when I will be sitting in the recliner with a dopey grin on my face and Vergette asks me what the smile is for. I just say: "Oh you know stuff" after 37 years she is wise enough to know not to ask anything more.   

The town I grew up in was very small. We had an "unlicensed" AM 10 watt radio station that I built at home using vacuum tubes and used on the school grounds for about a year... Nobody cared... We called it KRUD...

Our children are being shortchanged. We've lost our way.

Online DB

Yeah... I had a shoo-in too... My old man was a master mechanic and fabricator, and I grew up just as much in the shop as I did the barn... I knew enough to hand him tools before I went to school... His best friend ran the local speed shop,and that's where you could find us after hours, drinking beers and doing really cool stuff... That group had a civil engineer, a mechanical engineer, two master fabricators/mechanics, and a master carpenter. I learned how to think right there.

I am a master mechanic nowadays, and the duffer that the kids ask of... Lighter than my old man in hydraulics and fabrication, but I can hold my own. I went more toward tin and wood than he did though, and wood is probably my true love of craft...

But when Dad died, his shop was sold off - I was too sick at the time to take it over. But I inherited his main tool box, and it is my pride and joy. I know every single tool in that can (tall enough you need a step stool, as wide as I can spread my arms)... every one, since my youth. And I can feel my father's blood in em, any one I pick up.

:beer:

My dad had a machine shop in the garage (2 car+). All of it manual control. Large metal lathe, end mill, drill presses, grinders, power hacksaws, band saws, gas welders, arc welders, you name it.

My dad died too and I didn't have anywhere to put most of it so it is gone too. Sad when I think about it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 07:53:34 pm by DB »

Online roamer_1

My dad has a machine shop in the garage. All of it manual control. Lathe, end mill, drill presses, grinders, power hacksaws, you name it.

That was another feller for me... A machinist named Albert... A duffer if there was one, but a master at it... All his stuff was all wallered out, but he knew their feel, and produced better than anyone I know, to this very day.

I learned machining from him and grateful that I did. I can feel it. I can hear it...

Online roamer_1

My dad died too and I didn't have anywhere to put most of it so it is gone too. Sad when I think about it.

Yeah... It's bittersweet. Mom is fixin to sell the ranch...We're off-lease on most of the land, and it sits on the edge of town. Twice we've fought off annexation, but this time around, since the town has wrapped all the way around us, we will lose. Half the lease land is subdivided now anyway. One way or another, once the city annexes it, we can't afford the taxes, as it will be rezoned during annexation.

So the place I grew up on is soon to be ours no more. That creek I played on all my life won't be mine to wander... All that fence I put in... And the shop we made, me and my old man, with out own hands... well, that's too big to move of course, so away it goes.

I always figured to hang my own shingle on that shop, but soon enough, nevermore. It will kill me to drive by it with our clan sign taken off.

It ain't nothin but a thing. Mom is sellin, I am sellin, my sis is sellin, and my younger boy is sellin... We'll slam it all together and get a couple hundred acres up in the sticks a ways... put a homestead for each on the corners and start all over. It will be good, maybe even better... but it won't be Home.

I hate it when that happens.