Author Topic: Family of American held in Lebanon claims he's a hostage, US senator threatens sanctions  (Read 349 times)

Offline EdinVA

Fakhoury was arrested in his native Lebanon during a family trip last September after he was accused in a pro-Hezbollah publication of torturing Hezbollah and Palestinian prisoners while he served with the South Lebanon Army (SLA) at Khiam prison.
DAUGHTER OF AMERICAN HOSTAGE IN LEBANON CALLS ON TRUMP TO ACT
The SLA was a predominantly Christian force allied and supported by Israel during its proxy war against Hezbollah and Palestinian militant groups in the 1980s and '90s.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/family-of-american-held-in-lebanon-say-he-is-being-held-hostage-us-senator-threatens-sanctions

So we are supposed to jump up and compromise the entire foreign policy of the US and potentially put our special forces at risk every time some idiot chooses to ignore dire state department travel warnings go to go to some terrorist hell hole... NOT..

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Jeanne Shaheen.  Figures.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

So we are supposed to jump up and compromise the entire foreign policy of the US and potentially put our special forces at risk every time some idiot chooses to ignore dire state department travel warnings go to go to some terrorist hell hole... NOT..

From what I understand, Lebanon is this guy's native land.  I see there is a State Department advisory against travel to Lebanon, but no outright prohibition I can find.

But these days, I don't understand why anyone would want to travel to Lebanon or anywhere else that is unsafe, especially if there is something in your past that can be used to detain you. 

I have a doctor -- native of Syria -- he told me he would love to go back there to see his family and friends, but no way would he travel there.  Just too risky.