Author Topic: 5 of the deadliest US air disasters  (Read 972 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
5 of the deadliest US air disasters
« on: February 14, 2020, 08:59:58 pm »
Last Update 6 hours ago
5 of the deadliest US air disasters

By Greg Norman | Fox News

A number of passenger planes have crashed throughout world history as a result of mechanical failures and human error.

Ranging from failing engines to planes striking objects, here are five of the deadliest air disasters in the United States, not directly caused by terrorism, suicidal pilots or other nefarious instances:

273 deaths – American Airlines flight crashes in Chicago

Flight 191 crashed near Chicago’s O’Hare Airport on May 25, 1979. An engine that fell off the plane 1 second prior to takeoff led to its demise.

more
https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2020/02/1862/1048/ChicagoDC-10_fig01_photo.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: 5 of the deadliest US air disasters
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 06:57:46 pm »
The five deadliest disasters are not shown, only the photograph of the Chicago aircraft on its left wing. Please provide the link to the disasters you referenced.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: 5 of the deadliest US air disasters
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 09:02:23 pm »
The irony of "air disasters" is twofold.

First, the deadliest airline disaster in history took place on the ground, not in the air.
It was at Tenerife when KLM Royal Dutch 747 slammed into TWA 747 taxiing off the runway.

Second, the KLM captain was the senior pilot in this very fine airline and he didn't have takeoff clearance.  He was in a hurry to keep under the maximum number of hours on duty.
Both air traffic controller and copilot were keying their microphones simultaneously with copilot saying we're going and ATC concluding his announcement "Okay".  One of them should have confirmed something, "We're rolling" or "Did you get my last transmission"?  Seconds from no accident.  Seconds.  Over 500 killed.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist