Author Topic: Air Force to allow uniformed members to wear turbans, hijabs, beards in new dress code update, offic  (Read 401 times)

Offline EdinVA

This is not going to end well...

The United States Air Force updated its official dress code policy this month, in observance of religious practices, to allow military personnel to wear turbans or hijabs as a part of the uniform.
The Air Force released an update to the “Dress and Personal Appearance of Air Force Personnel” code on Feb. 7, now permitting airmen to request a waiver to wear religious apparel while in uniform as long as they are “neat and conservative.”
https://www.foxnews.com/us/air-force-to-allow-uniformed-members-to-wear-turbans-hijabs-beards-in-new-dress-code-update-officials-say

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Trump should put in a call to the head of the Air Force:
"Not on my watch!"

rangerrebew

Air Force updates its dress code policy to include turbans, beards and hijabs
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 01:37:11 pm »
Air Force updates its dress code policy to include turbans, beards and hijabs

By Harmeet Kaur, CNN

Updated 9:01 PM ET, Thu February 13, 2020

(CNN)The US Air Force has updated its dress code policy to outline a clear approval process for Sikhs and Muslims who want to serve while wearing their articles of faith.

Under the new guidelines, which were finalized last week, Sikhs and Muslims can seek a religious accommodation to wear turbans, beards, unshorn hair and hijabs, and expect to be approved as long as their appearance is "neat and conservative," except under extremely limited circumstances.

The final review for the accommodation must take place within 30 days for cases in the United States, and 60 days for all other cases, according to the guidelines. And for the most part, airmen can expect the religious accommodation to follow them through their career.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/13/us/air-force-dress-code-sikhs-muslims-trnd/index.html

rangerrebew

Why not ear rings for men, necklaces, hats turned backwards, and sagging, too? :whistle:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
except under extremely limited circumstances

That must be for pilots.

I sure can't see the allowance of wearing civilian clothing while on duty.

Next will be the allowance of Native American Church members to partake in their use of Peyote.

Offline EdinVA

Why not ear rings for men, necklaces, hats turned backwards, and sagging, too? :whistle:
When I went in, they shaved our heads and all beards came off to make us all "the same" to provide for "unity".
Is unity no longer necessary?

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
When I joined the Zumwalt Navy I shaved my beard off in boot camp, but grew it back right after boot camp.

Offline darroll

Isn't that profiling?
I still like to know who I'm working with though.