Author Topic: BBC Studios Gives Greta Thunberg Her Own TV Series  (Read 455 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
BBC Studios Gives Greta Thunberg Her Own TV Series
« on: February 11, 2020, 12:26:03 am »
Climate Change Dispatch 2/10/2020

BBC Studios is making a TV show with 17-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg.

The project was announced at the BBC Showcase trade show on Monday.

No network, release date or the number of episodes have yet been set.

Here is the description for the series, which comes from the studio’s science unit.

“The series will follow Greta’s international crusade, which takes her to the front line of climate change in some of the most extraordinary places on earth, as she explores what actions could be taken to limit climate change and the damage it causes.

More: https://climatechangedispatch.com/bbc-greta-tv-series/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: BBC Studios Gives Greta Thunberg Her Own TV Series
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 02:05:50 am »
 :banging:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 02:35:15 am »
I recall seeing a blurb about one the worst tv series ever aired Category 7: The End of the World (CBS)
.  Same subject as Greta is selling.

Maybe BBC is trying to take the title from CBS
https://www.businessinsider.com/worst-tv-shows-of-all-time-critics-2016-10#1-the-12-hour-news-hour-season-one-fox-news-50
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 03:00:00 am »
Climate Change Dispatch 2/10/2020

BBC Studios is making a TV show with 17-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg.

Sounds like Jersey Shore is going to have some serious competition for the bottom of the barrel. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 10:26:11 am »
I think they have a bunch of channels. So, this isn't a big deal.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 01:52:17 am »
‘We’re NOT Paying!’ BBC Gives Greta Thunberg Her Own Series And Viewers Are Furious

Daily Wire 2/11/2020

https://www.dailywire.com/news/were-not-paying-bbc-gives-greta-thunberg-her-own-series-and-viewers-are-furious

The BBC announced Monday that they’re making a “documentary series” about the life of teenaged climate activist Greta Thunberg, and British taxpayers, who fund the BBC, are definitely not happy that their tax dollars are going to pay for “climate propaganda.”

BBC Studios announced the project at the BBC Showcase trade show, according to The Wrap. Details of the show are still scarce — it’s not clear yet what the format is, how many episode there will be, or when it will premiere — but the BBC did note that the show will come from the network’s “science unit.”

“The series will follow Greta’s international crusade, which takes her to the front line of climate change in some of the most extraordinary places on earth, as she explores what actions could be taken to limit climate change and the damage it causes,” the BBC said in a statement released to reporters.

More at link.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 11:52:11 am »
For starters, they could save the poor, ailing, planet the carbon footprint of flying this little princess (and whatever film crew are involved) all over the world for location shots, if they are really worried that there is a problem.

Just have them all take the electric bus.... :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 02:30:16 pm »
It'll be a mini-series.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: