Author Topic: Black News Channel to launch Monday as first to target African-American audience  (Read 828 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Black News Channel to launch Monday as first to target African-American audience
New network is spearheaded by J.C. Watts, a former Republican congressman
By Evie Fordham FOXBusiness

The nation's first news channel that focuses on the black community is scheduled to launch Monday.

Black News Channel will offer original programming "created by people of color for people of color," its website  says.

Black News Channel is spearheaded by J.C. Watts, a former Republican Congressman from Oklahoma. It's a project that Watts has been working on for more than a decade, with several false starts. It was previously slated to launch on Nov. 15 and then Jan. 6.

Read more at: https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/black-news-channel-launch-dish-comcast-spectrum

Link from story: https://blacknewschannel.com/programs/

I'll try to find out what satellite channels it comes on later.

Offline Applewood

I wish them well, but it's sad that some feel the necessity for a "black news channel."  I'm of Austrian descent.  Maybe I should demand a news channel directed at people of Austrian descent.

I thought we got rid of segregation years ago.  Why are people trying to bring it back?

But I shouldn't really care about this because I don't watch any other news channels and won't be watching this one either.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.

JC Watts-led entity. I wish them well. There certainly is a lane for what they are selling.

BET used to have quality news, talk, financial, etc programs.
Now, it's just fetid vileness catering to the most debased.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Man,  you sure don't listen to Larry Elder and this appears to be JJ Watts projects

Because they are going to bring the truth of things to black people,  that conservationist works better for them.  The channel has a message, nothing wrong with that as much as OANN has their audience, Fox and so on.

Not up on this, huh?

Just like you have conservative black columnists, radio talk show hosts, Armstrong Williams and so on.

Offline Applewood

@TomSea

If your post is directed at me, then I don't know what you're talking about.

I did say I wish the station and the people behind it well. 

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I normally don't go for this kind of thing but with JC behind it, it may do some good work.
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

I'm not against this or the numerous channels done in Spanish that cater to Hispanic audiences.
What I am against is the condemnation that would arise if some person created a tv channel that specifically catered to white people.
I have no idea what that would look like unless they emphasized CW music,  NASCAR, ice hockey, golf,  and tv shows from the fifties.Then everybody involved would be called a racist.
It will be interesting to see what kind of programming this channel offers.
I don't know the ratings for  BET, and I never watch it anyway.
I don't watch a lot of tv that mainstream white people watch. The wife and I don't watch any network dramas or sitcoms. The wife likes the reality shows (Survivor, etc.) and I'll watch sporting events. That's about it. America's Funniest Home videos is the only network show other than sports I watch.
I don't know if there's room for a channel targeting black audiences that emphasizes news and I suppose politics.
We'll see what Watts comes up with.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I wish them well. It’s risky to start a new channel, with so many people now watching streaming like Netflix, Prime, Hulu, etc.

But it could work. I’ve seen 24 hour news programs in Spanish, and in Hindi, as well as Chinese.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 10:05:45 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I wish them luck, but I fully expect the BLM types to put them on blast as an Uncle Tom soon enough.

There's a reason why they are one of the most reliably Democratic demographics. It's because "black leadership" has spoonfed their communities a victimhood mentality, and these race-baiters are not going to loosen their grip without a fight.

I guess the best thing we can do is pray for an awakening. This will help, but not unless a lot of hearts and minds open up to change.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Is someone actually going to try to claim that BET,the "black spot on yore dial" isn't a black network?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
JC Watts-led entity. I wish them well. There certainly is a lane for what they are selling.

BET used to have quality news, talk, financial, etc programs.
Now, it's just fetid vileness catering to the most debased.

@FeelNoPain

Pleasing their advertising and viewing base. If they didn't,they would probably go out of business.

Going to be interesting to see if  JC can pull this off. I sure hope so.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Is someone actually going to try to claim that BET,the "black spot on yore dial" isn't a black network?
Oh, they're a black network. (As are Bounce TV, Aspire, TV One and a few others.) But they're an entertainment network. I don't think BET does news. TV One does news, but they're owned by the same people as MSNBC, so that ought to tell you what kind of network they are.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Isn't targeting a race the definition of racism?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Isn't targeting a race the definition of racism?

Some conservatives, and some Christians,  and some 'white people,' resort to victimhood. Just pay careful attention, including HERE.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln