Author Topic: Virginia School Tells Students to Quit Flying “Offensive” US Flags from Vehicles — So the Next Day S  (Read 2944 times)

Online Hoodat

How?   How do we stop it?

Break the left wing monopoly on our education system.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How do we educate the youth in public schools?   Teachers are not allowed to teach... only to indoctrinate and sell the "approved by leftists" curricula.  Our 'reach' is already too small and it looks like it will only decrease over time (going by past trends).  As for recent arrivals... I don't see "befriending them" happening, much less teaching them how America is "supposed to work".  Sorry....but ...I have relatives that are currently teachers in public school and it is already too far gone to hope for that kind of change.  Even here in Texas, teachers are not allowed to speak up against the already unworkable "system" (disciplining unruly or violent students) for fear of being labeled racist at best, and fired or "reassigned" at worst.
Sorry, but Eff the schools. The only way to change that is to run for the School Board,
Better to do it when your kids are grown so your actions don't come down on them (yes, that does happen, I experienced it personally, even back when, in MD). Run on a platform of solid, useful, education. Tech is nice, but useless if you don' know enough to apply a formula appropriately, or just don't know enough to ask the right questions.

There is no earthly reason that we can't work math problems the same way our grandparents did and show that to our kids and grandkids and all get the same right answer, except that the Education Industry is trying to cast itself as the keepers of the sacred scrolls by overcomplicating what should be simple. (They do it to give the kids the impression that their parents are 'dumb' and don't know anything). It does not help that parents can't access the workbooks and online texts the kids use, either, one complaint to take to the School Board meetings with you.
You teach them one on one, outside of the schools. Show them practical examples. You tell them to say what they have to in school for the grade, but here is how it really is supposed to be, kid...

As for befriending people, I reckon it depends on where you are, where you work, etc. People all want the same basic things--better for their kids, some security, a full belly, a little jingle left over for the weekend. If they aren't interested in anything but the bare minimum, well that's what they'll get. Point out that they can have better and show them the plan to get there if they want to take it. Most young people have been sold hopelessness all their lives because it makes them easier to control or more malleable, or have been handed some line about how they can be a sports star or a rapper. Point out that they have to eat in the meantime, and that it doesn't ever hurt to have skills. At least most people come here (North Dakota) to work.

First of all... social media is already being "censored" by the leftists that run it.  Social media is just AS leftist-biased as the MSM.   So...if ""it"" is going to happen... it needs to happen over the next 4+ years.... since after that...

all bets are off.
I don't use social media much. I prefer face to face. You can get a lot more out of inflection, expression, body language, etc. than you will ever get off a screen. Encourage this, show 'kids' the 'tells' when people are lying to them. They'll thank you later, if not right away. Teach them to look for the weasel words in advertising, and make critical thinkers out of them. What's the catch? "Up to" X% savings?, etc. Teach them how not to be suckers. Show them how credit works, when it's a good deal and when it isn't. They'll love you for it.
The time to start is last year. Seriously, if you aren't doing these things already, you're slacking off. Opportunities present themselves, and if we're paying attention, we have the chance to aim younger minds down the right track. You think kids don't know BS when they see it? Sure they do, even if they don't want to admit it. If they don't, point it out, especially by asking questions. (Socratic method) Once the lights go on, they'll ask for more.
Yes, right now.... we have the advantage.   But our time is probably short.... and we're not exactly miracle-workers.   This problem that needs fixing has been morphing into the ruin we see for decades... two generations, in fact.   You think we can fix it in 4-5 years?
WE aren't going to live long enough to fix it. I never said we would, and said the last 160 years of heading down the totalitarian path aren't going to be fixed in a generation, maybe not two, short of serious upheaval--and there's a serious chance it'd all be lost in that case. The ones who will fix it are the kids who aren't allowed to do jack squat right now, who heard their grandpa and grandma tell them about things like buying a rifle through the mail by cutting a check and putting it in an envelope with the only form they had to fill out--the order form. Teach them to work on that old pickup (more kids here driving "antiques" (40+ year old vehicles) than brand new ones--and an amazing number of those have lift kits). It inst a big money thing, so much as those are vehicles that survived well where we don't use road salt and they don't rust out. The engines and drive lines are easy enough to rebuild, and because they're classics, parts aren't as hard to find (aftermarket, NOS, and even remanufactured parts are out there, and cheaper than the equivalent parts for newer vehicles.)
All very big "ifs".   But I like your optimism.   I need to hear such.   For I fear that I have become quite jaded and possibly incapable of seeing that turnaround happening in just the next four years.  I think we have been granted a reprieve.  A delay to get our houses (symbolically) in order.
We have been granted a reprieve. Why? because people were absolutely fed up with the direction the country was headed. Lies and deceit and bad outcomes don't garner support from the people working to pay the tab. It's up to us to seize the day and capitalize on that lull.
Yes, our values and our principles need be held up and upheld.   But.... have you seen how the rest of the country apparently thinks and behaves?   Have you seen their (most of them) values on display?   The recent superbowl half time antics are probably the best example of what I'm referring to.   The endless crap coming out of Hollywood (and out of the mouths of the Hollyweird) is yet another.  Most tv shows now have the "f" word or other expletives interspersed frequently... along with the obligatory lesbo/homo love scenes.
Remember the media are all about appearances and images, making something look like something it is not. Some guy on a trapeze setup in front of a green screen is suddenly transformed into 'our hero' hurtling through space, flying through an explosion, whatever. It is, after all, an illusion. Those same illusions are used to distort our perceptions of reality, and the whole GLBTQXYZ movement is a prime example. Not that that isn't effective--remember the "10%" number that was thrown around? At the time, 10% (or nearly so) of the population in only one city were of that ilk. The city? Washington D.C. Those remodeling/home buying shows on teevee that have one couple in three with same sex partners--a ratio that is waaay off, by any standard. The whole gig is to 1: desensitize the breeders to homosex, and 2: mainstream a fringe behaviour in the collective psyche. Commercial has two daddies? Two mommies? I'm not buying their social model, and I'm damned sure not buying their product. I'll even write them and tell them so.
Is that working? You decide. I turn that sh*t off and don't tune in again. We always have a choice.
Sorry but... it (American culture and values) all seems to be going to Hell in turbo mode (yeah, if that makes me sound like an old fogie, I'll own it).  And before anyone points out that every generation has had people that see things that same way, I must point to the evidence of it being more true now than ever before.
But that is exactly what the media want you to think, be it entertainment ( agenda based, biased, and pushing the devaluing of all that is good, and the glorification of every evil known to man), or just the news--where if it bleeds, it leads.
Don't let 'em bamboozle ya kid. Our world is what we make it, if we have the guts to do so.
So if anything is going to be fixed or "turned around"... it needs to be done over the next four years.   And quite frankly, I don't think that's going to be enough time.
Like I said, we aren't going to fix it. Not us. I might have 30 years left on this planet (at the outside, likely less) and that won't be enough time. BUT we can get the ball rolling by teaching the next generation (especially grandkids) to rebel against the things they see and know aren't right, fair, or equitable, who have that child like understanding of right and wrong if we first teach them to stand in the other person's shoes for a moment.
Teach them their rights. Teach them where they come from. Make sure you introduce them to God.
I have taught most of my grandkids to shoot. They can handle a firearm. It is not a mysterious dangerous evil monster in their minds, but a tool, that can be used for good or evil, depending on who has it. They know how to handle them safely. When I go, those who can legally own one by today's standards (in North Dakota) will each get one, off the books, in sealed crates with manuals, parts, ammo, etc., if I need to do it that way, or the map to their inheritance, some digging required. I'm not giving anything up. I will not comply.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just like you don't need a building to pray, you don't need one to teach, either.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

Well it would go a long way towards straightening it out if the Home school nazi mafia (Not all homeschoolers, just the A$$hole ones) would stop referring to those of us that are trying to change the system from the inside as "Useful idiots" and "Commie Shills". I for one an sick and tired of those jerkwads belittling me for doing something I am Damn good at and instilling positive Conservative values in my students.
A big part of the reason I left TOS was due to two POS homeschoolers constant hanranging about things they didn't know jack about and the constant attacks on me. One of the lesser trolls followed me over here and started that crap and @mystery-ak was nice enough to put a stop to it.
LOng way of saying "you want to stop it, get involved" Get on the school board. Get a teaching degree or pursue "other" credentialing methods. Get in the class rooms and instill your Conservative values. think about being an administrator, or guidance counselor.
Don't sit by and watch the parade, lead the Damn parade. The left played the long game and got control of the system, don't let them help to take it back.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline EdinVA

Well it would go a long way towards straightening it out if the Home school nazi mafia (Not all homeschoolers, just the A$$hole ones) would stop referring to those of us that are trying to change the system from the inside as "Useful idiots" and "Commie Shills". I for one an sick and tired of those jerkwads belittling me for doing something I am Damn good at and instilling positive Conservative values in my students.
A big part of the reason I left TOS was due to two POS homeschoolers constant hanranging about things they didn't know jack about and the constant attacks on me. One of the lesser trolls followed me over here and started that crap and @mystery-ak was nice enough to put a stop to it.
LOng way of saying "you want to stop it, get involved" Get on the school board. Get a teaching degree or pursue "other" credentialing methods. Get in the class rooms and instill your Conservative values. think about being an administrator, or guidance counselor.
Don't sit by and watch the parade, lead the Damn parade. The left played the long game and got control of the system, don't let them help to take it back.

Eliminate the us department of miseducation and decertify the teachers union..
Then you can change things

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

"you want to stop it, get involved" Get on the school board. Get a teaching degree or pursue "other" credentialing methods. Get in the class rooms and instill your Conservative values. think about being an administrator, or guidance counselor.

@verga

There it is in all it's glory. The long of it and the short of it. Anything else being discussed related to reforming schools is nothing but background noise that hinders more than it helps.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Eliminate the us department of miseducation 

@EdinVA

GREAT idea if you want the Communist Flag as well as the flags of Mexico,El Salvador,Guatemala,Kenya,etc,etc,etc to fly over schools in states like Ca and Mn.

Do NOT throw out the baby with the bathwater. The Dept of Education in NECESSARY in order to insure the public schools are doing what they are supposed to be doing,which is insuring children everywhere get the education and other skills they need in order to thrive as working adults. The fact that it is failing now is due to a failure of leadership that put teaching radical politics ahead of  actual education and job skills in importance,not the Dept of Education itself,or it's stated goals.

Offline verga

@verga

There it is in all it's glory. The long of it and the short of it. Anything else being discussed related to reforming schools is nothing but background noise that hinders more than it helps.
@Sneaky Pete, thank you. Sorry for going off on a rant, but we are fighting for our rights here in Va because people did not get involved.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline EdinVA

@EdinVA

GREAT idea if you want the Communist Flag as well as the flags of Mexico,El Salvador,Guatemala,Kenya,etc,etc,etc to fly over schools in states like Ca and Mn.

Do NOT throw out the baby with the bathwater. The Dept of Education in NECESSARY in order to insure the public schools are doing what they are supposed to be doing,which is insuring children everywhere get the education and other skills they need in order to thrive as working adults. The fact that it is failing now is due to a failure of leadership that put teaching radical politics ahead of  actual education and job skills in importance,not the Dept of Education itself,or it's stated goals.
@sneakypete
The Dept. Of Education is nothing but a glorified welfare program to bribe states to implement the lefts agenda, the choice is do what they tell you or you don't get the funding/grants.
Nothing to do with flags...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Sneaky Pete, thank you. Sorry for going off on a rant, but we are fighting for our rights here in Va because people did not get involved.

@verga

We are fighting for our rights all over this country because ONLY the WRONG people have been getting involved.

We have no one to blame for this but ourselves. We let it happen by waiting for someone else to stand up and say "NO!" when ALL this Anti-American legislation and regulations were being put into place as law.

"We" were too busy watching tv,playing golf,drinking with our pals,etc,etc,etc to be bothered because we all "knew someone else would take care of it for us."

Online Hoodat

Sic semper tyrannis!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@sneakypete
The Dept. Of Education is nothing but a glorified welfare program to bribe states to implement the lefts agenda, the choice is do what they tell you or you don't get the funding/grants.

The Federal Department of Education was created by JiMMUH CAAAATA as a sop to pay back the teacher's unions for getting that SOB elected!  It's useless as tits on a boar!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

The Federal Department of Education was created by JiMMUH CAAAATA as a sop to pay back the teacher's unions for getting that SOB elected!  It's useless as tits on a boar!
So was JiMMUH CAAAATA.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Slide Rule

How do we stop it?

We could have a war.

An old fashioned kind of war where
enemies of both sides are shot.

It wouldn't take too long. Anyone on TV,
in the media, and the media itself would
be fair game.

That is far better than the alternative of
being arrested in the night and silently
executed.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline musiclady

Bravo! @verga !!

(I got the same crap on TOS for teaching in and sending my kids to public schools. We were the light. YOU are the light. THANK YOU!!!!)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Hoodat

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

-T. Roosevelt-

Offline musiclady

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

-T. Roosevelt-

Perfect!!   888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
  Sorry for going off on a rant,  ...

@verga

Don't worry about it. We all get worked up sometimes. No big deal.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

@EdinVA

Flags are symbolism. If you really think my post was about symbols,you need to go back and read it again.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Bigun

Do you REALLY want to throw away a "tool" WE can use to slap the states and local governments back into line with? With a President  like Trump and a conservative congress,which is a real possibility,we can stop the alternative history being taught in public schools in places like Ca,Oregon,Mn,etc,etc,etc.

And,like it or not,we MUST have federal controls over school curricula in order to insure that "Liberation Theology" and similar brain farts aren't being taught as fact or positive things in any public school,anywhere in the nation.

Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How do we stop it?

We could have a war.

An old fashioned kind of war where
enemies of both sides are shot.

It wouldn't take too long. Anyone on TV,
in the media, and the media itself would
be fair game.

That is far better than the alternative of
being arrested in the night and silently
executed.

:yowsa: :yowsa:

Offline EdinVA

@EdinVA

Flags are symbolism. If you really think my post was about symbols,you need to go back and read it again.

:beer:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Do you REALLY want to throw away a "tool" ...

:yowsa: @sneakypete  Without question or reservation I do!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
:yowsa: @sneakypete  Without question or reservation I do!

@Bigun

As someone famous once said,"Be careful what you ask for,lest you get it."