Author Topic: Senators Tried to Stop Trump From Firing Sondland  (Read 385 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Senators Tried to Stop Trump From Firing Sondland
« on: February 09, 2020, 04:34:37 am »
February 8, 2020 at 8:29 pm EST By Taegan Goddard

February 8, 2020 at 8:29 pm EST By Taegan Goddard 135 Comments

“A handful of Republican senators tried to stop President Trump from firing Gordon Sondland, the ambassador to the European Union who testified in the House impeachment hearings, but the president relieved the diplomat of his post anyway,” the New York Times reports.

“The senators were concerned that it would look bad for Mr. Trump to dismiss Mr. Sondland and argued that it was unnecessary, since the ambassador was already talking with senior officials about leaving after the Senate trial, the people said. The senators told White House officials that Mr. Sondland should be allowed to depart on his own terms, which would have reduced any political backlash.”

https://politicalwire.com/2020/02/08/senators-tried-to-stop-trump-from-firing-sondland/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Senators Tried to Stop Trump From Firing Sondland
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 06:10:52 pm »
A handful of Republican senators tried to stop President Trump from firing Gordon Sondland,

That type of thinking is why the alleged Republicans were always the minority party. These SOB's just can STAND the thought of winning.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 06:39:47 pm »
That type of thinking is why the alleged Republicans were always the minority party. These SOB's just can STAND the thought of winning.

Good observation.

All Sondland did was help the Rats with a sham investigation and trial. The sooner he was terminated the better. Why should he be granted the dignity of quietly resigning? He was disloyal at the least.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 06:53:49 pm »

@sneakypete

Didja notice the article does not identify the "handful of Republican Senators?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 07:01:27 pm »
@sneakypete

Didja notice the article does not identify the "handful of Republican Senators?"

Exactly.  Besides, who cares?  He was shown the door and rightfully so.

Trump was acquitted.  Time to move on.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 07:03:31 pm »
Exactly.  Besides, who cares?  He was shown the door and rightfully so.

Trump was acquitted.  Time to move on.

It'll be over once everybody who owes, pays the piper.  More sacking, please!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online berdie

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 07:12:45 pm »
Good observation.

All Sondland did was help the Rats with a sham investigation and trial. The sooner he was terminated the better. Why should he be granted the dignity of quietly resigning? He was disloyal at the least.

Agreed. Given Trump's background as a CEO I don't doubt this is what would happen. Given that...I would do the same.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2020, 07:19:10 pm »
@sneakypete

@Cyber Liberty

If I did,I probably thought it was an illusion and overlooked it. Not used to the press hiding cooperation with the Dims.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline darroll

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 11:13:56 pm »
YES

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 11:19:31 pm »
@sneakypete

Exactly!  And exactly how many is a "handful of senators"? One (romeny)... lol
Clickbait...