General Category > Elections 2020

The Hill: Docs Detail Buttigieg's Afghan Service (article, May, 2019)

(1/1)

TomSea:
This article is from May, 2019 but I thought still pertinent. Actually, I think Pete's record in Afghanistan is strong or maybe strong enough, it's not my judgement. I read the other day, someone in the media, not here, just say he used his experience as a resume builder.  So, since some might have a curiosity over his military record, this seems to spell it out.

--- Quote ---The Hill: Docs Detail Buttigieg's Afghan Service

Peter Buttigieg's anti-terrorism work for Navy intelligence in Afghanistan placed him in "an imminent danger pay area" in 2014 and sets him apart from other Democratic primary candidates, according to The Hill.

Buttigieg worked to disrupt funding for terrorism during war in Afghanistan, which was revealed in government documents obtained by an South Bend, Indiana, investigative reporter and Iraq War veteran, according to the report.

During his fledgling 2020 presidential campaign, Buttigieg has mentioned his time "outside the wire" of secure areas and his book released this February, "Shortest Way Home," touted himself as an "Afghanistan veteran" – although he has claimed no time in actual combat.

See rest of the article at: https://www.newsmax.com/politics/peter-buttigieg-military-service-2020/2019/05/05/id/914611/
--- End quote ---

mountaineer:
I figured Pete is about as much a military man as Hunter Biden.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version