Author Topic: Collins says it would not be appropriate for Trump to retaliate against impeachment witnesses  (Read 344 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Collins says it would not be appropriate for Trump to retaliate against impeachment witnesses
By Alexander Bolton - 02/07/20 01:31 PM EST

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), one of two Republicans to vote last week to subpoena additional witnesses and extend the impeachment trial, said Friday that she would disapprove of President Trump retaliating against anyone who came forward with evidence against him.

Collins spoke with reporters at a meeting of the Maine Chiefs of Police Association and her comments were reported by the Portland Press Herald.

The New York Times reported Friday that Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who provided key testimony against Trump during the House impeachment inquiry, will be transferred out of the National Security Council and reassigned to another job within the military.

Trump told reporters, “I’m not happy with him.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/482045-collins-says-it-would-not-be-appropriate-for-trump-to-retaliate-against
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I guess it's Collins' turn to stick it to Trump and conservatives.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline darroll

If president Trump kissed the males, they would yell that he is gay.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Collins says it would not be appropriate for Trump to retaliate against impeachment witnesses

Wish a reporter would ask what Senator Collins would she would do if one of her staffers turned on her gave questionable and damaging testimony during an investigation agianst her.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 01:52:56 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

Wish a reporter would ask what Senator Collins would do if one of her staffers turned on her gave questionable and damaging testimony during an investigation agianst her.

Precisely! Vindman and Sondland were untruthful and disloyal. Trump would have been stupid to keep them in positions of trust.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline darroll

One can sure tell who the swamp creatures are.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
She voted for acquittal and now she is receiving death threats.  She is a Republican in a blue state.  What do you want from her?  You people are unbelievable.

I just watched the briefer post acquittal.  No thanks for Collins making a difficult vote to acquit. No thanks to Rubio.....

Had she not voted to acquit perhaps she wouldn't be getting death threats right now.  And Trump would have definitely mentioned her in his briefer.  Not in a nice way either.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Hoodat

Precisely! Vindman and Sondland were untruthful and disloyal. Trump would have been stupid to keep them in positions of trust.

Correct.  This isn't retaliation.  Your team works for you.  If they aren't, then they need to be replaced.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

I agree, no retribution.

Go ahead and fire them, though, for participating in the impeachment sham, leaking classified info and going around the chain of command, but certainly no retribution.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 08:20:00 pm by skeeter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I agree, no retribution.

Go ahead and fire them, though, for participating in the impeachment sham, leaking classified info and going around the chain of command, but certainly no retribution.

I can agree with that.  It should end at his reassignment.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I can agree with that.  It should end at his reassignment.

It probably will end there.  Let the Brass take care of him at the War College.  One thing's for sure:  He can kiss full Colonel goodbye.  Being reassigned from the White House is a career killer, and it's not because Trump.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wish a reporter would ask what Senator Collins would she would do if one of her staffers turned on her gave questionable and damaging testimony during an investigation agianst her.

@catfish1957

That's easy. She would wonder what's going on and ask her staff to explain it to her/for her.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!