Author Topic: Media suddenly fall in love with Romney now that his politics align with theirs  (Read 192 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Media suddenly fall in love with Romney now that his politics align with theirs
by Becket Adams
 | February 07, 2020 03:46 PM

Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah has always been an honorable and decent guy, even, apparently, back when he was being blamed for a person dying of cancer in 2012.

All it took for the news media to see that was for him to vote with Democrats on impeachment.

On Wednesday, Romney became the only Republican member of the Senate to vote "guilty" on either of the impeachment charges brought against President Trump. The upper chamber of Congress voted, anyway, to acquit the president, but not before the press declared Romney a true hero of the republic.

It is difficult to get into the nitty-gritty of whether the praise is deserved because it is basically impossible to overlook the fact that the applause comes mostly from the same people who did everything they could in 2012 to destroy Romney’s character and reputation. In 2012, as Romney sought to oust President Barack Obama from the White House, the Washington Post editorial board accused the Republican nominee not once, but twice of being a contemptuous schemer and suggesting he clearly hoped the electorate he disdained would be stupid enough to vote for him.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/liberal-media-suddenly-fall-in-love-with-mitt-romney-now-that-his-politics-align-with-theirs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

Wait...I'll go get my surprised face out of the closet.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Wait...I'll go get my surprised face out of the closet.

LOL!!! @berdie
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
It took a while to find anyone who could fill McCain's shoes,  but they finally have their new #1 useful idiot.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It took a while to find anyone who could fill McCain's shoes,  but they finally have their new #1 useful idiot.
Watch him bask in glory on the talk shows, smiling and beaming.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Once the left is done with blowin' their noses about Romney, they'll toss him into the trash as fast as a snotty tissue...

Offline darroll

Romney is a puppet. His strings are pulled.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Hands down. CNN just now doing a whole segment on St Willard