Author Topic: Romney’s Impeachment Vote Won’t Damage Him In Utah One Bit  (Read 259 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Romney’s Impeachment Vote Won’t Damage Him In Utah One Bit

Utah may have changed in the four years since Trump, but it will never change enough for Romney not to be a winning candidate in whatever statewide race he decides to enter

By Zach Bloxham
February 7, 2020

On Wednesday Utah Sen. Mitt Romney delivered an impassioned speech on the floor of the Senate, outlining his belief that President Donald Trump’s conduct was sufficient to justify the exceptional remedy of impeachment. An hour and a half earlier, Sen. Mike Lee, of the same state, articulated an argument for why the articles of impeachment were legally insufficient to warrant President Trump’s removal from office.

Four years removed from Trump’s election, Utah continues to have a complex and unique relationship with him. Romney has been and will remain at the center of it.

In 2016 Utah was patient zero to the most fervent strain of anti-Trumpism on the right, and it materialized at the ballot box. Romney, who had won Utah by 48 points in the previous presidential race, delivered a major speech at the University of Utah urging fellow Republicans to deny Trump the nomination.

Many within state politics urged Romney to run as an Independent. Trump’s demeanor and bombastic persona ran afoul to the socially conservative, Latter-Day-Saint-dominated Utah electorate, and the people deserved a non-Trump/Hillary Clinton option. He declined, but the anti-Trump die was cast.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/02/07/romneys-impeachment-vote-wont-damage-him-in-utah-one-bit/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Romney’s Impeachment Vote Won’t Damage Him In Utah One Bit
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 03:22:11 pm »
Interesting editorial as most reports are saying that Utahians are furious.  I tend to agree with this editorial.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 03:26:00 pm »
Interesting editorial as most reports are saying that Utahians are furious.  I tend to agree with this editorial.

Results and principles be damned....    The Mormon's are going to protect their own.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 03:33:48 pm »

It won’t help his prospects, either.

When people consider also that here we have the governor of Massachusetts representing the people of Utah, they may start to see him in a different light.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 03:39:03 pm »

It won’t help his prospects, either.

When people consider also that here we have the governor of Massachusetts representing the people of Utah, they may start to see him in a different light.

Who was also born in Michigan, and father it's Governor.  Mittens is the ultimate carpetbagger.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 04:11:07 pm »
Results and principles be damned....    The Mormon's are going to protect their own.

Sorry @catfish1957 but here you don't know what you are talking about.  There are indeed some in the Church who will continue to support him just because he is one of them but there are many more who are more intelligent than that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 04:17:04 pm »
Sorry @catfish1957 but here you don't know what you are talking about.  There are indeed some in the Church who will continue to support him just because he is one of them but there are many more who are more intelligent than that.

Never inferred that # to be a 100%, but I'd bet a few bucks that he'll get re-elected for that reason.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 04:18:44 pm »
Never inferred that # to be a 100%, but I'd bet a few bucks that he'll get re-elected for that reason.

Name your poison.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 04:21:00 pm »
Who was also born in Michigan, and father it's Governor.  Mittens is the ultimate carpetbagger.

He's got an expensive beach home in swanky La Jolla Calif, too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 07:32:37 pm »
The Mormon Mafia makes him bulletproof in Utah. He will be in office there until the day he dies,if he wants,regardless of what he says or does.

As long as he doesn't denounce Mormonism,that is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 07:42:37 pm »
The Mormon Mafia makes him bulletproof in Utah. He will be in office there until the day he dies,if he wants,regardless of what he says or does.

As long as he doesn't denounce Mormonism,that is.

NOPE! Not even if his family history was part of the traditional Church which it is not.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 10:44:20 pm »
NOPE! Not even if his family history was part of the traditional Church which it is not.

The many Mormons in AZ did not save Jeffy Flake.  He peaked at 18% approval since Trump was elected, and saw the handwriting on the wall.  He would have voted for Conviction along with Mitt, which means there is virtually no difference between hm and the current Rat Senator sitting in his old seat..

For a few hours there, I was getting warmed up to that little bi-sexpot but she blew it by doing a 180 and voting to convict.  She was good at the SOTU speech, for a Rat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline darroll

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2020, 12:58:51 am »
Now,
Where did their leaders get their money.
Trade deals with China? and the rest of the world.