Author Topic: What Today’s Insanely Left Democratic Party Is Doing With Virginia Will Scare You  (Read 324 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 What Today’s Insanely Left Democratic Party Is Doing With Virginia Will Scare You

Virginia Democrats mistake their legislative control as a mandate for extreme liberal social re-engineering — and it shows where the rest of the party is headed.

By Ashley Bateman
February 7, 2020

For the first time in 26 years, Virginians voted a Democrat majority into both the state’s House and Senate. Four weeks into the General Assembly, the new majority is voting in laws restricting parents’ rights, removing religious protections, and disturbing rights traditional to Virginians.

“The aggressive onslaught of hostile legislation is new this year,” said Victoria Cobb, president of the Family Foundation of Virginia. “Virginia has never even had a public policy discussion about forcing sexual orientation gender identity ideology on the private sector until Democrats gained power in November. In the case of abortion, we fought narrow repeals of abortion law in the past, but it wasn’t until this year that anyone seriously entertained a constitutional amendment addressing the right to abortion.”

With Gov. Ralph Northam’s backing, Virginia passed the so-called Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which would repeal multiple protections for women and the unborn, remove restrictions on abortions, and dismantle sensible sex separation in bathrooms, locker rooms, jails, and hospitals. It would also allow minors to abort without parental consent, would remove the ultrasound requirement before an abortion, and would make abortion access a legal right through an amendment to the Virginia Constitution.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/02/07/what-todays-insanely-left-democratic-party-is-doing-with-virginia-will-scare-you/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, virtually anyone running on a repeal platform could oppose these incumbents and likely win. Most of the policy being overturned in Virginia flies in the face of well settled opinions of the people, and only (according to the article) 7,000 votes put the Dems in power. Unfortunately, it's going to get a lot nastier before elections roll around.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Well, virtually anyone running on a repeal platform could oppose these incumbents and likely win. Most of the policy being overturned in Virginia flies in the face of well settled opinions of the people, and only (according to the article) 7,000 votes put the Dems in power. Unfortunately, it's going to get a lot nastier before elections roll around.

:yowsa: Sadly, that is very true.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

Does it seem to anyone else here as if Virginia is being used as a test case by Democrats (or more likely, by their organized political affiliates), to show how a formally Red state can be turned Blue, even with a tiny legislative majority?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Does it seem to anyone else here as if Virginia is being used as a test case by Democrats (or more likely, by their organized political affiliates), to show how a formally Red state can be turned Blue, even with a tiny legislative majority?

@andy58-in-nh

Of course,but not "fudging" is required in Va because the entire northeastern part of the state is populated by yankees and left-coasters who bought town houses there so they could be closer to the US treasury and keep a closer eye on the politicians they bought. Being able to vote there and take control of a southern state was just a bonus.

You might as well call it "NYC Lite"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

It occurs to me that the five richest counties in the country are those surrounding DC is far from an accident @andy58-in-nh

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

It occurs to me that the five richest counties in the country are those surrounding DC is far from an accident @andy58-in-nh
@sneakypete
There is no doubt that the Swamp has metastasized in recent years, having now invaded Northern Virginia and turned it into a D.C. annex. 

But that in itself does not explain the almost manic pursuit of every leftist wet dream imaginable by the VA legislature and by Governor Northam, nor the effort to ram them down the throats of traditionally conservative Virginians.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 08:10:43 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@sneakypete
There is no doubt that the Swamp has metastasized in recent years, having now invaded Northern Virginia and turned it into a D.C. annex. 

But that in itself does not explain the almost manic pursuit of every leftist wet dream imaginable by the VA legislature and by Governor Northam, and to ram them down the throats of traditionally conservative Virginians.

Perhaps not, but it's a darned good start on explaining it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

@sneakypete

But that in itself does not explain the almost manic pursuit of every leftist wet dream imaginable by the VA legislature and by Governor Northam, nor the effort to ram them down the throats of traditionally conservative Virginians.

The left is furious at their perceived rejection by the rank & file. It's the 'ram it down the throats' part that animates them now.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The left is furious at their perceived rejection by the rank & file. It's the 'ram it down the throats' part that animates them now.

It's all they have left now @skeeter They KNOW the clock is ticking down on their agenda and are desperate.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

It's all they have left now @skeeter They KNOW the clock is ticking down on their agenda and are desperate.

All any authoritarian has is the barrel of a gun.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
All any authoritarian has is the barrel of a gun.

As Mao repeatedly pointed out. "Power comes out of the barrel of a gun!"
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 08:54:04 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It's the fervor of the fanatics.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@sneakypete

The same thing happened to MD, with DC 'bedroom' communities exceeding the rural areas in population.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The same thing happened to MD, with DC 'bedroom' communities exceeding the rural areas in population.
Well, Maryland has the Greater Baltimore area, which comprise almost 3 million alone.

That is half of the state, similar to New York having NYC.

In both cases, it is an urban vs rural thing.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Well, Maryland has the Greater Baltimore area, which comprise almost 3 million alone.

That is half of the state, similar to New York having NYC.

In both cases, it is an urban vs rural thing.

It's the same in Illinois.  Cook County (Chicago) out votes the entire rest of the state.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
andy asks:
"Does it seem to anyone else here as if Virginia is being used as a test case by Democrats (or more likely, by their organized political affiliates), to show how a formally Red state can be turned Blue, even with a tiny legislative majority?"

Yes, of course, Andy, I've said that here previously several times.
They're going to push through as much of a leftist/communist agenda as possible, throw everything at the wall in the hope that most of it will "stick".

This is the consequence of traditional-minded Virginians NOT going to the polls the last time around. When you're up against democrat-communists, you have to vote "the party" of our side, whether you like it or not. That's how THEIR side wins.

I figure they've got only one or two election cycles by which to put things back on the rightward path again. Failing that, I predict Virginia will have become "blue for good"...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

@andy58-in-nh

Sure it does. Northam grew up as a rich spawn of the Virginia "gentry",and no doubt considered anyone not of his social class to be trash whose only hope was to become serfs of a nobility such as him,that knew what to do to save them.

Plus,he obviously has an inferiority complex by being from Virginia instead of NYC,like all the people he admires.

Now he is the Governor of Virginia,and restricted by law to only ONE term in office. No matter what he does,he will NOT be re-elected as Governor,and can't really run for a seat in Congress or the Senate until he is out of the Governor's mansion.

More importantly to him,he can't run for President until he accomplishes something that makes him the darling of the left,so he is checking off boxes to make himself ready for a Presidential run in 2024. It doesn't even matter much if his laws are voted down or not. He is on the record as fighting for them,and a Participation Trophy is close enough for the Dims. He FEELS their pain!

Take a look at the creatures running for President now under the Dim brand,and it's plain to see the real contest is for the WH in 2024. With his record of pushing leftist foolishness,being a Patrician Dim from the south,handsome and WITH a genuine southern accent to charm the rubes in "drive through country",I honestly can't think of any potential Dim candidate that could beat him for the nomination in 2024. Can you?

ESPECIALLY when the Dim voters will be fed up to HERE with communist candidates with the IQ of road kill,and all the charm of a social disease.

Lots of other Dims will be fed up with losing too,and are going to support anyone they see that looks like he might be a winner. After all,there are HUGE government contracts to be awarded to people with the "right" connections,and who running will have more of those connections than the former Governor of Virginia?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 12:37:44 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!