Author Topic: Watson Grinding files for bankruptcy in wake of deadly Gessner explosion  (Read 357 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by  Perla Trevizo Feb. 6, 2020

Watson Grinding & Manufacturing and Watson Valve Services filed for bankruptcy Thursday, nearly two weeks after an explosion at the Gessner site killed two workers and damaged hundreds of properties nearby.

Once the petition for Chapter 11 bankruptcy is approved, “this filing will allow the companies to continue operation of their business and service to customers while they work through a plan of reorganization,” company officials said in a written statement.

Watson Grinding & Manufacturing ceased operations after the Jan. 24 propylene explosion and laid off about 80 workers this week due to what it said is expected to be a “long-term interruption of business operations.”

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/watson-explosion-bankrupt-company-gessner-west-15035913.php

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Watson Grinding files for bankruptcy in wake of deadly Gessner explosion
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 02:52:38 am »
I feel sorry for those workers who lost their jobs.

I also feel sorry for the company if this was indeed an accident and not its fault.

If it was the company's fault, then let 'em go under.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington