Author Topic: GOP governor says Trump 'abused his powers,' shouldn't be in office  (Read 269 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP governor says Trump 'abused his powers,' shouldn't be in office
By Kaelan Deese - 02/06/20 05:52 PM EST

Vermont Gov. Phil Scott said Thursday that President Trump abused his authority and shouldn't be in office, making him one of the few Republican leaders to sound off against Trump following his acquittal in the Senate's impeachment trial the day before.

Scott called that vote in the GOP-controlled upper chamber inevitable at a news conference, according to ABC News.

"If they'd taken more testimony, maybe they'd have had more information and maybe other senators would have acted appropriately," he said.

Asked if he would have voted to remove the president from office, Scott pointed out he isn't a senator.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/481932-gop-governor-says-trump-abused-his-power-shouldnt-be-in-office
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: GOP governor says Trump 'abused his powers,' shouldn't be in office
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 01:06:06 am »
Vermont regularly returns to Congress, and now the Senate, avowed Communists.  If they have a GOP Governor, he's a Romney Republican and not worth the piss to quench it if he were to catch fire.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 01:36:14 am »
Vermont regularly returns to Congress, and now the Senate, avowed Communists.  If they have a GOP Governor, he's a Romney Republican and not worth the piss to quench it if he were to catch fire.

888high58888 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 04:51:11 am »
Scott has a tight re-election fight coming up this year against the sitting Lieutenant Governor, who belongs to the "Progressive" Party.   I'm sure that had some bearing in his public statement.

Bottom line, regarding most things Vermont, is that nobody really cares.  It's a radical Lefty hole.