Author Topic: CNN's 'Fact Checkers' Rush to Give Obama Credit For Good Economy  (Read 187 times)

rangerrebew

CNN's 'Fact Checkers' Rush to Give Obama Credit For Good Economy
By Alex Christy | February 6, 2020 6:20 AM EST

John Harwood and CNN Newsroom co-host Jim Sciutto took it upon themselves on Wednesday to fact check President Trump's State of the Union Address, but instead of simply fact-checks, the two qualified Trump's true statements with their own opinions and multiple "yeah, but" verdicts.

One assertion that Sciutto asked Harwood to fact-check was President Trump's claim that since his election, "we've created 7 million new jobs." It's a rather simple fact-check, either there have been 7 million new jobs or there hasn't (NBC put the number at 6.7, a rounding error), but Harwood credited President Obama for the Trump record:

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/alex-christy/2020/02/06/cnn-newsrooms-fact-checkers-give-obama-credit-good-economy

rangerrebew

Re: CNN's 'Fact Checkers' Rush to Give Obama Credit For Good Economy
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 04:49:58 pm »
 :3: farter000000 :bs: ***hair on fire

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 04:54:20 pm »
CNN can rush all they like, it ain't gonna grow their diminishing audience.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 05:02:48 pm »
Then let the Democrats run on returning to the BHO era and reinstating all his policies and see if that sells with the electorate

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy