Author Topic: U.S. Secrets Continue to Hemorrhage through Flawed Policies Governing Students, Scholars, and Instit  (Read 133 times)

rangerrebew

U.S. Secrets Continue to Hemorrhage through Flawed Policies Governing Students, Scholars, and Institutions of Research and Learning
By Dan Cadman on February 4, 2020

On August 20 of last year, the Center published my Backgrounder titled "How U.S. Foreign Student and Exchange Visitor Policies Undercut National Security", in which I argued that current federal policies are so lax that they are nearly an open invitation to foreign intelligence services to steal critical American technologies and secrets; particularly, but not exclusively, involving China. Iran is another active player in theft of U.S. defense material and secrets, and both nations send thousands of students and exchange scholars each year to the United States.

I suggested that there are a number of pathways available to tighten those policies — things that could be achieved using federal regulations instead of relying on the unlikely possibility of congressional action to amend relevant statutes. Many of these regulatory fixes involve State Department visa processes, and existing rules overseen by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) at Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

https://cis.org/Cadman/US-Secrets-Continue-Hemorrhage-through-Flawed-Policies-Governing-Students-Scholars-and

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I sense that there are many, MANY more Chinese agents and spies working here, from college-age on up, than we even suspect.

Bring back the Chinese Exclusion Act!