Author Topic: Our Long National Nightmare Is Over  (Read 342 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Our Long National Nightmare Is Over
« on: February 06, 2020, 02:59:55 pm »

Posted on February 5, 2020 by John Hinderaker

To no one’s surprise, the Democrats’ impeachment drive fell flat in the Senate today. Both articles were decided on a purely party line vote, but for Mitt Romney, who switched sides on the first article (“abuse of power”). The only mild surprise is that no Democrats voted against removal. Doug Jones of Alabama, for one, can forget about any possibility of re-election. But with Jeff Sessions waiting in the wings, he probably figured he had no chance anyway.

Where do the Democrats go from here? They always knew they had zero chance of conviction, so their only motives were 1) the hope that impeachment would tar President Trump and reduce his chances of a second term, and 2) pure spite. So far, at least, there is little indication that Trump has been hurt politically.

more
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/02/our-long-national-nightmare-is-over.php
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Re: Our Long National Nightmare Is Over
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 03:09:38 pm »
Should Trump have tried to use Biden as a bargaining chip? Obviously not, but it hardly rises to the level of removal from office.
All past presidents, including Saint Barack Obama (trumpets sound), did the same stuff. Naturally, no congressional Dems gave a good gdamn what bargaining techniques Obama used in his eight years or anything else he did that was questionable.
Obama was the one who said if congress didn't pass something he wanted, he'd issue an EO overriding congressional authority.  Dems said a big SO WHAT?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 08:16:07 pm »
How Democrats’ Get-Trump Crusade Has Irreparably Damaged The Nation
The degrading of ‘high crimes and misdemeanors’ may prove the most damaging legacy of the Democrats’ charade. No election will be over, ever. No president will be legitimate ever again.
By Margot Cleveland
February 6, 2020
For more than three years, Democrats, Never Trump Republicans, and the left-leaning media proved themselves willing to destroy the country to destroy one man: Donald J. Trump. From foreign affairs to counterintelligence to law enforcement, from domestic governance to congressional oversight to separation of powers, Trump’s enemies manipulated and misused our government powers because Americans dared to elect the wrong leader.

The Senate’s acquittal yesterday of the president on the two spurious articles of impeachment concluded (for now) the years-long coordinated efforts at a coup. But while Trump escaped the onslaught, the damage inflicted on our country will not be easily abated.

The FBI’s malfeasance in the launch and handling of Crossfire Hurricane provides the starkest example of damage wrought without regard to the ramifications. Americans no longer trust the world’s premier law enforcement agency because of men like James Comey, Andrew McCabe, and Peter Strzok, and women like Lisa Page. They no longer believe in equal justice under the law, or the integrity of sworn affidavits and judicially authorized surveillance. ...
Read entire article at The Federalist

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 08:23:17 pm »
Should Trump have tried to use Biden as a bargaining chip? Obviously not, but it hardly rises to the level of removal from office.
All past presidents, including Saint Barack Obama (trumpets sound), did the same stuff. Naturally, no congressional Dems gave a good gdamn what bargaining techniques Obama used in his eight years or anything else he did that was questionable.
Obama was the one who said if congress didn't pass something he wanted, he'd issue an EO overriding congressional authority.  Dems said a big SO WHAT?

??? He did NOT use Biden as a bargaining chip.  Trump was doing his job by not granting any more money to the Ukraine until it was known what happened to the $$$ that just disappeared -- it so happens that Biden & Where's Hunter had their hands in the cookie jar.    The DEMS found out about it, needed to stop that information from getting out and they did what they always do -- point the finger at those who aren't guilty and in this case it resulted in the impeachment of Trump.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 08:32:55 pm »
??? He did NOT use Biden as a bargaining chip.  Trump was doing his job by not granting any more money to the Ukraine until it was known what happened to the $$$ that just disappeared -- it so happens that Biden & Where's Hunter had their hands in the cookie jar.    The DEMS found out about it, needed to stop that information from getting out and they did what they always do -- point the finger at those who aren't guilty and in this case it resulted in the impeachment of Trump.

If the Rats thought ramming a dubious Impeachment through Congress would hide Biden's treachery, that had to be the stupid miscalculation of the century.  So stupid that it's really hard to believe.  They had to believe Biteme was a reasonable trade-off for smearing Trump.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 08:52:52 pm »
I'm having Deja Vu over this headline.

@anybodybornsince1960
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 10:09:18 pm »
He certainly did, but so what? You are correct that the Bidens had some shady dealings, with Sniffer Joe hip deep in the muck.
But naturally, a president of the U.S. trying to get dirt on a possible opponent in a presidential race is going to look unseemly. Even if the Biden's were doing dirty things...which they probably were.
I doubt Trump really cared a heck of a lot about sneaky dealings  with foreign governments. He did a lot of it himself in private industry. He probably thought here's a chance to sink Biden before he gets going in the presidential race.
But again, so what?  It simply doesn't rise to the level of impeachment. Virtually every past president, including all the Dems, did similar things without the opposition party's heads exploding demanding removal from office.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 10:12:16 pm »
If the Rats thought ramming a dubious Impeachment through Congress would hide Biden's treachery, that had to be the stupid miscalculation of the century.  So stupid that it's really hard to believe.  They had to believe Biteme was a reasonable trade-off for smearing Trump.

You all really should take a look at this: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,390846.msg2144732.html#msg2144732
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 10:18:39 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 10:21:58 pm »
That's an unusual story....

Yes! In that, it provides a HUGE clue as to why official Washington is SO damned afraid of the Donald John Trump administration!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 10:25:15 pm »
Yes! In that, it provides a HUGE clue as to why official Washington is SO damned afraid of the Donald John Trump administration!

The trouble is, it's not news to you and me, and the people who need to know about it will refuse to look at it.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 10:28:12 pm »
The trouble is, it's not news to you and me, and the people who need to know about it will refuse to look at it.

When NPR is reporting it the legs have sprouted and the lid WILL eventually blow!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2020, 10:36:44 pm »
When NPR is reporting it the legs have sprouted and the lid WILL eventually blow!

Good point.  Mittens is about to find out he picked the wrong side in his pique, because the Rats won't lift a finger to help him.  IIRC, Benedict Arnold didn't fare very well with his new pals after he stuck it to West Point.  They didn't kill him, but he was a pariah in England.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2020, 10:45:01 pm »
Good point.  Mittens is about to find out he picked the wrong side in his pique, because the Rats won't lift a finger to help him.  IIRC, Benedict Arnold didn't fare very well with his new pals after he stuck it to West Point.  They didn't kill him, but he was a pariah in England.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2020, 10:58:16 pm »

Don't know where this headline came from, but according to the Democrats nothing is over.
According to them, they are just beginning. Impeachment #1 may have failed, but they will simply try again.
And again, and again after that. Nothing is over. This is just a slight setback, but not the end.
The Democrats have vowed never ending investigations into Trump, his family, his staff, his friends, his neighbors, and anybody they can possibly link to him, his family, or his businesses and charities.

Unless we all work to turn the House Republican, what we have seen over the last 3 years, the complete waste of time and money with Congressional stagnation and active disruption of any progress of any kind, will continue for another four years. In fact, it will likely get worse.

Nothing will be over until America purges the House of the petulant vindictive children who now control it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2020, 12:08:04 am »
Unless we all work to turn the House Republican, what we have seen over the last 3 years, the complete waste of time and money with Congressional stagnation and active disruption of any progress of any kind, will continue for another four years. In fact, it will likely get worse.
. . . speaking of it's deja vu all over again . . .

Been there.

Heard that.

Still sounds like the wife-beater who really, really means it this time when he swears that, if she takes him back one more time, he'll never, ever, ever, ever do that again.

Watched all-elephant Congresses and White Houses either a) stand pat while the metastasis of the State continued apace; or, b) abetted the metastasis before the Age of Tweety. Watched the Age of Tweety--before and after a donkey House joined in the fun--lift little to no finger at all toward a genuine arrest and chemotherapy upon it other than the sort of tokens that can be thrown out upon the next all-donkey Congress and White House.

Quit buying the snake oil, Kickapoo Joy Juice, and Dr. Quacker's Miracle Meds long enough ago.

Prouder than hell to have voted none of these candidates in every presidential and congressional election since I moved to Nevada in 2007.

And I'll be prouder than hell to cast the same votes in November 2020.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.