Author Topic: US Army could add 'smart scope' to its new rifles which will only let soldiers fire if computer guar  (Read 365 times)

rangerrebew

US Army could add 'smart scope' to its new rifles which will only let soldiers fire if computer guarantees they will hit the target

SMASH system uses a computer to determine if a shot is guaranteed to hit
    The technology uses a weapon-mounted optic and special pistol grip
    Shooter lines up their target in the scope or the technology does it for them
    Once the target is marked, the information is sent back to a computer
    The auto tracker system can be disabled for other types of shooting

By Stacy Liberatore For Dailymail.com

Published: 11:58 EST, 3 February 2020 | Updated: 11:58 EST, 3 February 2020

The US Army is evaluating a new 'smart scope' for rifles that only fires when the software determines a 'guaranteed shot'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7961773/US-Army-add-smart-scope-new-rifles-fires-guaranteed-shot.html

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"What could possibly go wrong?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdinVA

I agree... how can it compensate for wind and heat or elevated position...
Folks assume that if a human can do it, then a computer can do it better... not a chance

Offline skeeter

This is ridiculous.

Do modern tactics no longer involve superior firepower or fire suppression?

Offline dfwgator

LOL, stop stealing my posts.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline darroll

Another giant leap backwards.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
One innovation I hope does not make the leap into the consumer market. I can see civilians now wearing things that throw off the censors of that gun.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
NOT good! Electronics have a tendency to fail after being exposed to cold,shock,wet conditions,or just plain age. This would leave the sniper armed with a handgun and a VERY expensive club.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

NOT good! Electronics have a tendency to fail after being exposed to cold,shock,wet conditions,or just plain age. This would leave the sniper armed with a handgun and a VERY expensive club.

As a vet you know that the purpose of gunfire isn’t always to hit a target, although that’s always nice. Most of the time it’s used to keep an enemy’s head down so others can sneak up on him. Most of the time neither side even sees the other.

This new gadget will make for some very quiet firefights.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
As a vet you know that the purpose of gunfire isn’t always to hit a target, although that’s always nice. Most of the time it’s used to keep an enemy’s head down so others can sneak up on him. Most of the time neither side even sees the other.

@skeeter

True,but that doesn't apply to snipers.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew

Maybe this is just "disinformation" designed to make enemies consider the possibility and how they would react.  In other words, make them waste their time studying it. :pondering: