Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi should resign By Jonathan Turley  (Read 295 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nancy Pelosi should resign By Jonathan Turley
« on: February 05, 2020, 08:45:29 pm »
Nancy Pelosi should resign
By Jonathan Turley, opinion contributor — 02/05/20 11:00 AM EST

The House has its share of infamies, great and small, real and symbolic, and has been the scene of personal infamies from brawls to canings. But the conduct of Speaker Nancy Pelosi at the State of the Union address this week will go down as a day of infamy for the chamber as an institution. It has long been a tradition for House speakers to remain stoic and neutral in listening to the address. However, Pelosi seemed to be intent on mocking President Trump from behind his back with sophomoric facial grimaces and head shaking, culminating in her ripping up a copy of his address.

Her drop the mic moment will have a lasting impact on the House. While many will celebrate her trolling of the president, she tore up something far more important than a speech. Pelosi has shredded decades of tradition, decorum, and civility that the nation could use now more than ever. The House speaker is more than a political partisan, particularly when carrying out functions such as the State of the Union address. A president appears in the House as a guest of both chambers of Congress. The House speaker represents not her party or herself but the entirety of the chamber. At that moment, she must transcend her own political ambitions and loyalties.

Tensions for this address were high. The House impeachment managers sat as a group in front of the president as a reminder of the ongoing trial. That can be excused as a silent but pointed message from the Democrats. Trump hardly covered himself with glory by not shaking hands with Pelosi. I also strongly disliked elements of his address which bordered on “check under your seat” moments, and the awarding of conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh with the Presidential Medal of Freedom inside the House gallery like a Mardi Gras bead toss. However, if Trump made the State of the Union look like Oprah, then Pelosi made it look like Jerry Springer.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/481598-nancy-pelosi-should-resign
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline darroll

Re: Nancy Pelosi should resign By Jonathan Turley
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 11:37:29 pm »
Yes.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 12:26:35 am »
Trump hardly covered himself with glory by not shaking hands with Pelosi.

I have a serious question, one easily answered by watching a video of the beginning of the SOTU speech: 

Did the President shake Pence's hand?  I did not see that he did.  I don't know if that's standard protocol.

But it's beside the point.  She sat there making faces and sucking her cheap dentures, tearing a slit in every page because she knew she was making the grandiloquent gesture of tearing up the speech.  Appalling.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 12:32:18 am »
OK, I saw a better clip.

The President did NOT shake Pence's hand, and also, she extended her hand after Trump had turned away.  He could not have seen the proffer.  She engineered that too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 01:01:11 am »
I have a serious question, one easily answered by watching a video of the beginning of the SOTU speech: 

Did the President shake Pence's hand?  I did not see that he did. 

The President did not shake the hand of either the Vice President or the witch.  He simply gave each a copy of the signed speech and turned toward the podium.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

@Cyber Liberty

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 01:09:54 am »
The President did not shake the hand of either the Vice President or the witch.  He simply gave each a copy of the signed speech and turned toward the podium.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

@Cyber Liberty

It can also be seen that Trump turned away before she stuck her hand out.  He was not planning on shaking either hand, and I think that's normal for the SOTU.  This was pure, unadulterated engineered bullshit.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 01:41:48 am »
It can also be seen that Trump turned away before she stuck her hand out.  He was not planning on shaking either hand, and I think that's normal for the SOTU.  This was pure, unadulterated engineered bullshit.

In each of the three SOTU addresses, President Trump shook hands three different ways. @Cyber Liberty

2018:  Watch 10:30-15:15-- His first SOTU the President reaches out to shake the hand of both Pence and Ryan.  Ryan goes on to introduce "with high honor" the President of the United States.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

2019: Watch 10:30--14:30  His second SOTU the President does not reach out to shake either Pence's or Pelosi's hand and distributes the signed speech.  Pelosi extends her hand, surprising POTUS, who accepts it.  The President begins to speak without Pelosi's introduction.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

In 2020 the President duplicated his 2019 entrance.  He again did not reach out to shake either hand and distributed the signed speech.  But this time the President turned before Pelosi could extend her hand.  Pelosi introduced the President sans "with high honor".

Offline darroll

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 01:50:59 am »
I wouldn't shake her hand either.

Trump is new at Politics, she should of offered him pointers if she was a decent person.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 01:55:13 am »
I wouldn't shake her hand either.

Trump is new at Politics, she should of offered him pointers if she was a decent person.

Pelosi is the one who should have known one follows the President's lead .... as Pence did all three years.

But Pelosi's an attention whore who enjoys setting up people she doesn't like..... dare I say "hates".

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 02:02:25 am »
Pelosi is the one who should have known one follows the President's lead .... as Pence did all three years.

But Pelosi's an attention whore who enjoys setting up people she doesn't like..... dare I say "hates".

Dare!  Dare!   888high58888
I will NOT comply.