Author Topic: Jim Jordan: ‘Bipartisan Majority’ Will Acquit Trump in Senate  (Read 424 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sean Moran 2 Feb 2020

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) told Breitbart News Saturday that a “bipartisan majority” of senators will acquit President Donald Trump of any wrongdoing during the Senate impeachment trial.

Jordan, a member of the president’s legal defense team, spoke to Breitbart News Saturday host Matthew Boyle as the Senate moved this week to block having additional witnesses testify during the impeachment trial of President Trump.

The Senate trial will continue Monday, and it appears that the upper chamber of Congress will move to acquit President Trump on Wednesday.

Jordan said he believes that there will be a bipartisan majority of senators to acquit Trump. Media outlets have speculated over whether red-state Democrats such as Sens. Joe Manchin (D-WV), Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ), and Gary Jones (D-MI) might vote to clear Trump of wrongdoing at the end of the impeachment trial.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2020/02/02/jim-jordan-bipartisan-majority-will-acquit-trump-in-senate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

Re: Jim Jordan: ‘Bipartisan Majority’ Will Acquit Trump in Senate
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 02:45:54 am »
I think this is right, as far as it goes... Though a few token democrats does not make it a bi-partisan action.

That would be the best of all worlds - Where a solid plurality of Democrats actually joined the Republicans to acquit - simply to put the brakes on this sort of partisan shenanigans and shame those in the House for doing so...

The only way the impeachment process regains its purpose, and therein its impact would be thus.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 04:01:31 pm »

That would be the best of all worlds - Where a solid plurality of Democrats actually joined the Republicans to acquit - simply to put the brakes on this sort of partisan shenanigans and shame those in the House for doing so...

@roamer_1

NOT going to happen. Soros,Buffett,and the other globalist Billionaires that own the DNC would not only cut off all party support to them,but would fund the campaign of a challenger in their next primary election.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 04:11:41 pm »
I think this is right, as far as it goes... Though a few token democrats does not make it a bi-partisan action.

The only way the impeachment process regains its purpose, and therein its impact would be thus.

I agree with you on both counts, but I also don't believe there's any way that toothpaste is going back in the tube.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 10:39:20 pm »
NOT going to happen. Soros,Buffett,and the other globalist Billionaires that own the DNC would not only cut off all party support to them,but would fund the campaign of a challenger in their next primary election.

I agree with you on both counts, but I also don't believe there's any way that toothpaste is going back in the tube.

I am under no illusions. I expect a more or less Republican acquittal, with all but a few Dems voting against... Making the whole thing just as partisan as it can be. And the institution will suffer shame for it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 11:33:12 pm »

I am under no illusions. I expect a more or less Republican acquittal, with all but a few Dems voting against... Making the whole thing just as partisan as it can be. And the institution will suffer shame for it.

@roamer_1

The ONLY hope is to re-elect Trump so he can appoint more conservative federal judges,and immediately start looking for
some political outsider with a background similar to his (knows all the players and how they play) to elect when he leaves
office in 2024.

We MUST get away from "politically inbred" presidents that are lackeys of the very people in the House and the Senate that are selling American down the stream in exchange for offshore bank accounts.

Put the control of the US Senate back in the hands of the various State Senators seems to be the only hope.

We either do this,or those of you younger than me WILL have to end up making a choice to fight a revolution to free yourselves,or become slaves of World Wide Government,Inc.

Do you want your children and grandchildren to grow up to become free men and women,or cogs in the machine?

Everybody needs to think about this,because this is EXACTLY what is going to happen unless the people who want to live free manage to wrest control of the government back into the hands of the people.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 11:46:42 pm »
@roamer_1

The ONLY hope is to re-elect Trump

@sneakypete

MEH. Lost me right there.

We MUST get away from "politically inbred" presidents that are lackeys of the very people in the House and the Senate that are selling American down the stream in exchange for offshore bank accounts.

Put the control of the US Senate back in the hands of the various State Senators seems to be the only hope.

Bleah. I don't give a crap about dynasty... I don't give a crap about anything other than the principles of Conservatism - And the insistence therewith being the only balm that will heal this nation.

Everybody needs to think about this,because this is EXACTLY what is going to happen unless the people who want to live free manage to wrest control of the government back into the hands of the people.

Precisely so - Federalism. The return of sovereignty to the states and this behemoth federal government reduced to its proper Constitutional role.

That is what I will be voting for. And that ain't Tump.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 11:47:49 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 12:00:58 am »
It should be a bipartisan vote to acquit—if justice is to prevail. The house brought no substance in their case to the senate. The charges were patently partisan so the acquittal must be bipartisan.

It will put a tidy end to this latest partisan paroxysm of personal animosity to Donald Trump.

So, it’s 2 to 0, Trump. Let’s see what’s coming up next on the schedule.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 12:33:10 am »
It should be a bipartisan vote to acquit—if justice is to prevail. The house brought no substance in their case to the senate. The charges were patently partisan so the acquittal must be bipartisan.

That's right. It should be massively, unquestionably bipartisan - The only way the institution of the Senate retains its honor. That should be hoped for - But I dare say it will not be.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 12:39:56 am »

Well, he rightfully should be acquitted.  The House did not adhere to the impeachment process, nor was Trump even granted due process.  So,I see this as some sanity remains in Congress.  The partisan impeachment took place in the House voting NOT to remove him is the correct thing to do -- he is NOT guilty of any crime.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 01:05:32 am »
Well, he rightfully should be acquitted.  The House did not adhere to the impeachment process, nor was Trump even granted due process.  So,I see this as some sanity remains in Congress.  The partisan impeachment took place in the House voting NOT to remove him is the correct thing to do -- he is NOT guilty of any crime.

More or less, we agree on that, though my point remains in the damage done to the institution by a marked, or mostly partisan acquittal, which I predict it will be.

I disagree with you wrt due process, and the House adherence to traditional impeachment process... I think they did in fact have the right to do what they did. That is the difference between an impeachment and an indictment under law - There is certainly a political component. And it is a powerful thing. The problem being of course, when that political component becomes so obviously partisan that it would promote a witch hunt, which it certainly has.

The proper thing would be an outright rebuke by the Senate - Touted to be the more thoughtful of the two houses... That would come in the form of a truly bipartisan acquittal. An overwhelmingly bipartisan one.

That would be proper.
That would save face.
That would honor the institution as a thing more precious than the party.
And it would shut up the partisan poo-throwing.

But alas, I doubt very much that that will be.
I think he should and will be acquitted. But I also think it will fall along partisan lines, furthering partisanship, rather than rebuking it.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 11:36:34 am »
@roamer_1

IIRC, similar threats were made in the House to herd in the Dem votes
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 12:44:13 pm »
More or less, we agree on that, though my point remains in the damage done to the institution by a marked, or mostly partisan acquittal, which I predict it will be.

I disagree with you wrt due process, and the House adherence to traditional impeachment process... I think they did in fact have the right to do what they did. That is the difference between an impeachment and an indictment under law - There is certainly a political component. And it is a powerful thing. The problem being of course, when that political component becomes so obviously partisan that it would promote a witch hunt, which it certainly has.

The proper thing would be an outright rebuke by the Senate - Touted to be the more thoughtful of the two houses... That would come in the form of a truly bipartisan acquittal. An overwhelmingly bipartisan one.

That would be proper.
That would save face.
That would honor the institution as a thing more precious than the party.
And it would shut up the partisan poo-throwing.

But alas, I doubt very much that that will be.
I think he should and will be acquitted. But I also think it will fall along partisan lines, furthering partisanship, rather than rebuking it.

The House did NOT follow the proper procedures and votes from members of the House.  They also called witnesses and Trump was not allowed to question those witnesses.

Yes the DEMS will all vote in unison to remove him from office, regardless if right or wrong. I agree with you on that.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 04:20:55 pm »
The House did NOT follow the proper procedures and votes from members of the House.  They also called witnesses and Trump was not allowed to question those witnesses.

Yes the DEMS will all vote in unison to remove him from office, regardless if right or wrong. I agree with you on that.
Throughout this all, the Dems have behaved horribly. They threatened members of their own party with withholding support in coming elections if they didn't vote to impeach. They trashed the idea of impeachment and the reputation of their Party, even though they are so consumed with hatred they likely don't see that.

It is a textbook case for why children aren't given absolute power, even as they parade Greta and others in front of cameras to try to sway the people who pay the bills.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis