Author Topic: Republicans planning to expunge Trump impeachment if they win back the House  (Read 338 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Republicans planning to expunge Trump impeachment if they win back the House

By Steven Nelson

February 5, 2020 | 12:34pm

WASHINGTON — As the Senate is set to vote Wednesday on the removal from office of President Trump — with acquittal all but assured — Republicans are already plotting to expunge his impeachment if they retake the House.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi may have taunted that “impeachment will last forever,” but GOP Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, in line to be speaker if Republicans regain the majority in the November election, doesn’t agree.

“This is the fastest, weakest, most political impeachment in history,” McCarthy told The Post on Wednesday. “I don’t think it should stay on the books.”

If McCarthy (R-Calif.) does indeed take the gavel from Pelosi (D-Calif.) in 2021, he will hold immense power to pass legislation — and a vote on expungement almost certainly would yield party-line support.

more
https://nypost.com/2020/02/05/republicans-planning-to-expunge-trump-impeachment-if-they-win-back-the-house/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
He has been found not guilty, the guilty votes falling short by a third of what was needed to convict.
Expunge? Meh. Let it stand as a monument to the hateful spite of the Democrats.

Want to promise me something?

How about doing all the stuff that should have been done the last time the GOP controlled the House, Senate, and the White House?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

This impeachment was patently partisan and woven together without any supporting evidence, just a lot of political noise. Democrats shouldn’t get away with dirtying up an innocent man and the office of President.

I’m fine with this expungement idea. Let’s hope republicans get the opportunity.

By the way, I like what I’ve been hearing from Kevin McCarty. He fights. He could make a great Speaker next year.

Offline Night Hides Not

He has been found not guilty, the guilty votes falling short by a third of what was needed to convict.
Expunge? Meh. Let it stand as a monument to the hateful spite of the Democrats.

Want to promise me something?

How about doing all the stuff that should have been done the last time the GOP controlled the House, Senate, and the White House?

You mean like repealing Obamacare?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline musiclady

You mean like repealing Obamacare?

Yeah....... and defunding Planned Parenthood instead of increasing its funding.

And then there’s that debt.........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
You have to start somewhere... you've got to clean the swamp up, that hasn't happened but we could be onto something.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yeah....... and defunding Planned Parenthood instead of increasing its funding.

And then there’s that debt.........

Good point. Teamwork, that's what your getting at. Alone, it's hard to do things but....

TOGETHER
EVERYONE
ACHIEVES
MORE!

Paul Ryan and the House did.