Author Topic: Republican Susan Collins, key swing-vote senator, announces she will vote to acquit Trump  (Read 460 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Has Romney announced if he is going to vote against acquittal yet?

Republican Susan Collins, key swing-vote senator, announces she will vote to acquit Trump

Maine Republican Sen. Susan Collins, a key swing vote in President Trump's impeachment trial, announced Tuesday she would vote to acquit on both articles of impeachment -- noting that Democrats' "abuse of power" charge "did not even attempt" to allege that Trump had committed a crime, and instead constituted a "difficult-to-define, non-criminal act."

Even as she criticized Trump's behavior as "flawed," Collins further slammed House Democrats for delaying transmitting the articles of impeachment to the Senate for more than a month, saying the stalling and posturing undercut their arguments that the president was an imminent threat.

Last week, along with Utah GOP Sen. Mitt Romney, Collins had broken ranks with her fellow Republicans to vote in favor of additional witnesses in the Senate trial. Trump, who is now set to be overwhelmingly acquitted by the Senate on Wednesday, will deliver the annual State of the Union address before Congress Tuesday night amid record-high approval ratings...........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/maine-gop-sen-susan-collins-key-swing-vote-senator-announces-she-will-acquit-trump
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline PeteS in CA

https://pjmedia.com/trending/mitt-romney-is-democrats-last-hope-for-a-bipartisan-vote-to-convict-trump-in-impeachment/

Mitt Romney Is Democrats' Last Hope for a Bipartisan Vote to Convict Trump in Impeachment

On Tuesday afternoon, Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) announced that she would vote against convicting President Donald Trump in the impeachment trial. She became the third of four centrist Republicans who could be expected to defect from the party and support the impeachment of the president. Sens. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) and Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) have announced that they will vote to acquit Trump. That leaves only Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) as the only hope for Democrats to get a bipartisan vote to convict.

I believe this also means that a majority of the Senate will vote to retain Trump in the Presidency. IOW not merely a failure to get 2/3 to vote to remove.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Leaving Romney as the sole disloyal phuque

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Leaving Romney as the sole disloyal phuque

He would be an absolute fool now to vote to remove him.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online corbe

I guess Mitch's check cleared.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bele wrote:
"He would be an absolute fool now to vote to remove him."

Haha, let's wait and see...!

Aside:
How much ELSE has Romney done to convince you that he is NOT "an absolute fool"...?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She votes to acquit but still calls Trumps call problematic.  Also indicating that other Senators thought so also.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=susan+collins+fox+interview&&view=detail&mid=0E48291D91A35835C2640E48291D91A35835C264&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dsusan%2Bcollins%2Bfox%2Binterview%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

So, only the Rats (and the newly minted Rat Romney) thought it was problematic enough to remove him.  Fascinating.

Better luck next time.  Maybe your friends can convince people Trump, his family and supporters should be destroyed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

So, only the Rats (and the newly minted Rat Romney) thought it was problematic enough to remove him.  Fascinating.

Better luck next time.  Maybe your friends can convince people Trump, his family and supporters should be destroyed.

Just making a point that not all those Senators who voted to acquit thought he had a perfect call.  And Trump can whine and cry that he's been put through hell, but Americans will never really know what Giuliani, Parnas and Igor were up to.

Just like Susan Collins said.  I agree that all we can hope for is that Trump learned something from this.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Just making a point that not all those Senators who voted to acquit thought he had a perfect call.  And Trump can whine and cry that he's been put through hell, but Americans will never really know what Giuliani, Parnas and Igor were up to.

Just like Susan Collins said.  I agree that all we can hope for is that Trump learned something from this.

Your case might have been stronger, had the Democrats not set the goal of Impeachment years before the phone call.  People who are predisposed to hate Trump are still willing to kick him out of office and reset DeeCee politics to "normal."  And I'm not convinced anybody would have thought there was anything wrong with his actions, had O'Bastard done it. 

The Impeachment was purely political and had little to do with Ukraine, which was only the pretext.  I have no doubt the Rat leaders thought this was great, and are no doubt working on Article III as we speak.  Just another tactic in the Rat toolbox that they will used until they get punished for it
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

Your case might have been stronger, had the Democrats not set the goal of Impeachment years before the phone call.  People who are predisposed to hate Trump are still willing to kick him out of office and reset DeeCee politics to "normal."  And I'm not convinced anybody would have thought there was anything wrong with his actions, had O'Bastard done it. 

The Impeachment was purely political and had little to do with Ukraine, which was only the pretext.  I have no doubt the Rat leaders thought this was great, and are no doubt working on Article III as we speak.  Just another tactic in the Rat toolbox that they will used until they get punished for it

Its not my case.  It is my opinion.  You don't have to agree with it.  But what you wrote shows that you are simply ignoring what you would believe if it wasn't for the democrats shows its just partisan politics.  Us against them and damned if we don't support Trump in every wrong thing he does just to avoid being one of them.