Author Topic: Live: Iowa Caucus  (Read 6094 times)

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Re: Live: Iowa Caucus
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2020, 02:55:15 pm »
Buttgigger and Sanders can both declare a victory in IA.  Sanders got more votes, Buttgigger got more Delegates, last I saw.

Sanders failed to get the decisive victory he was expecting though, and didn't put as much distance between himself and Warren as was expected.

I always expected Biden to implode from gaffes, but it seems he's just the same shaky candidate as in his previous tries. I read where he had to pull an ad buy in SC to try to shore up NV. I think the gaffes are still inevitable but they may not matter much at this point. The debate will be interesting - coasting won't be an option this time.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2020, 03:35:02 pm »
Final numbers, pre-recanvass:

CANDIDATE  POPULAR VOTE  TRAILS LEADER BY

Sanders   45,826   -
Buttigieg   43,195      2,631
Warren   34,771      11,055
Biden   23,691      22,135
Klobuchar   21,181      24,645

100% Precincts in
The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2020, 03:55:17 pm »
What’s the delegate count?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2020, 04:09:45 pm »
What’s the delegate count?

Here's what CNN has:

CANDIDATE   STATE DELEGATES   
Buttigieg   26.2%   
Sanders   26.1%   
Warren   18.0%   
Biden   15.8%   
Klobuchar   12.3%   

100% Precincts in

https://www.cnn.com/election/2020/state/iowa

It's also interesting that with all the precincts in, Sanders won the first round by just over 6.1K but only 2.6K on the second.

Looks like alot of votes shifted to The Buttgigger.

How that gives him a lead in delegates I have no clue. I don't understand the Dem secret sauce formula, and I don't think anyone else does either.

The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2020, 04:14:54 pm »
Here's what CNN has:

It's also interesting that with all the precincts in, Sanders won the first round by just over 6.1K but only 2.6K on the second.

How that gives him a lead in delegates I have no clue. I don't understand the Dem secret sauce formula, and I don't think anyone else does either.

I think it's like the Electoral College.  If Sanders racked up big wins in only a few counties, then he would have fewer delegates.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2020, 04:21:29 pm »
I think it's like the Electoral College.  If Sanders racked up big wins in only a few counties, then he would have fewer delegates.

That's my understanding. It seems to work like the electoral college on the state level.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2020, 04:25:31 pm »
Here's what CNN has:

@Free Vulcan

Sanders has to be seriously steamed because we all know that ButtPlug got ALL the homo votes that would have normally gone to him. He would have won in a landslide if he wasn't going against a homo.

Can't wait for that old fool to blow up while standing behind a microphone on a live broadcast.

And make no mistake about it,Mayor ButtPlug is going to get ALL the "just imagine a world...../let's make history!" votes that Bathhouse Barry got in the general election if he makes it that far.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2020, 04:30:24 pm »

That would make sense. The bulk of Sanders support was mostly concentrated in urban and surrounding counties, Butgigger's was rural and broader, and he was second in many of the counties Sanders won.

Ironic though if that's true though, that they would be using an EC type of delegate distribution, since they are against the EC.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2020, 04:33:10 pm »
That would make sense. The bulk of Sanders support was mostly concentrated in urban and surrounding counties, Butgigger's was rural and broader, and he was second in many of the counties Sanders won.

Ironic though if that's true though, that they would be using an EC type of delegate distribution, since they are against the EC.

Oh yeah, it's rich with irony.  Like spinach.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2020, 04:36:45 pm »
@Free Vulcan

Sanders has to be seriously steamed because we all know that ButtPlug got ALL the homo votes that would have normally gone to him. He would have won in a landslide if he wasn't going against a homo.

Can't wait for that old fool to blow up while standing behind a microphone on a live broadcast.

And make no mistake about it,Mayor ButtPlug is going to get ALL the "just imagine a world...../let's make history!" votes that Bathhouse Barry got in the general election if he makes it that far.

@sneakypete

Can't disagree with that. Been watching him since he rose in the Iowa polls a few months back and have been wondering if the Dems are going to go with a light resume but heavy charisma gay Obama, and hope for another miracle.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2020, 05:15:06 pm »
@sneakypete

Can't disagree with that. Been watching him since he rose in the Iowa polls a few months back and have been wondering if the Dems are going to go with a light resume but heavy charisma gay Obama, and hope for another miracle.

@Free Vulcan

You obviously mean "ANOTHER light resume but heavy charisma Presidential candidate" because Bathhouse Barry is as queer as it gets.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2020, 07:12:35 pm »
@Free Vulcan

You obviously mean "ANOTHER light resume but heavy charisma Presidential candidate" because Bathhouse Barry is as queer as it gets.

True dat!
The Republic is lost.

Online corbe

« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2020, 08:13:16 pm »

Sanders just got this package from DNC chair Perez.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2020, 09:55:23 pm »

Sanders just got this package from DNC chair Perez.

@corbe

Good thing it's not from Mayor ButtPlug because it could be seen as a combination proposal and wedding gift.