Author Topic: Omar Trashes the U.S. for Not Living Up to Her 'American Dream'  (Read 471 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Omar Trashes the U.S. for Not Living Up to Her 'American Dream'
« on: February 02, 2020, 06:14:23 pm »
WATCH: Omar Trashes the U.S. for Not Living Up to Her 'American Dream'
Beth Baumann

Posted: Feb 02, 2020 10:25 AM

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) is in Iowa doing last-minute campaigning on behalf of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT). During an event in Clive Iowa, Omar explained how her idea of the "American Dream" were shattered once she came to America.

“When I first came to the United States, I remember one of the first things that I saw was homeless people sleeping on the sides of Manhattan when we arrived in New York. And I remember turning to my father and saying, 'This doesn't look like the America you promised.' And my father looked at me and said, 'Hush, child, we are going to get to our America,'" Omar recounted. "Because the America we were shown in the orientation tapes when we were coming here from the refugee camp in Kenya had beautiful homes with white picket fences, happy families eating a full meal in their beautiful living rooms. It had happy children getting on the bus to go to their beautiful schools. It had pictures of amazing malls, megamalls, and had pictures of beautifully built bridges and highways. It was a picture of abundance. Now that is the ideal."

"That is the America we all know we deserve but our reality is full of homeless people. Our reality is full of families who have moms and dads who are going without dinner or lunch or breakfast just so that they can have enough for their children," she explained. "Our reality is full of kids who are showing up to schools that are full of mold and leaking rooftops. Our reality has children who are facing drills every single day to learn about how they can escape being shot in our schools."

more w/video
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2020/02/02/watch-omar-trashes-the-u-s-for-not-living-up-to-her-american-dream-n2560562
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Omar Trashes the U.S. for Not Living Up to Her 'American Dream'
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 06:21:19 pm »
Then Leave!

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 06:44:36 pm »

Lassie will show you the door....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 06:46:41 pm »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 06:54:53 pm »
MY "American Dream" is to see her in a row boat full of Muslims,rowing back to Shitstainistan.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 07:23:39 pm »
MY "American Dream" is to see her in a row boat full of Muslims,rowing back to Shitstainistan.
Followed by a sudden, unfortunate, unrepairable leak in said boat.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 07:25:14 pm »

Top notch!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 07:35:49 pm »
Followed by a sudden, unfortunate, unrepairable leak in said boat.

@mountaineer

Not to worry. The Atlantic Ocean is more than capable of taking care of that.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 07:41:20 pm »
Did it ever occur to this chick that homelessness, hunger and all these other problems are usually caused by the people who experience them?  They are not the fault of government or the people who have a home, a job, food on the table, etc. because they worked to get those things.  This country has plenty of opportunities for the good things in life -- more so than most countries and certainly more than wherever she came from.  If people don't make the most of those opportunities, it's not the responsibility of those of us  who did and do. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2020, 07:42:56 pm »
Did it ever occur to this chick that homelessness, hunger and all these other problems are usually caused by the people who experience them?  They are not the fault of government or the people who have a home, a job, food on the table, etc. because they worked to get those things.  This country has plenty of opportunities for the good things in life -- more so than most countries and certainly more than wherever she came from.  If people don't make the most of those opportunities, it's not the responsibility of those of us  who did and do.

It's all about one's ambition,   those with the ambition to better themselves, will always do ok.    Those who only want to sit around, get high, and wait for crumbs to come their way,  well, they won't do so well.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 07:55:42 pm »
Her "American dream" is the annihilation of Christians and Jews, and the implementation of Sharia in America, I suspect.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 12:36:44 am »
So what exactly has this lying worthless immigration fraud done to address and alleviate these issues that don't live up to her dream? NADA! My dream is that this criminal be prosecuted, stripped of her citizenship and deported back to that land where she would be beaten and stoned to death for violating the laws of her religion of peace 'o' shiite.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2020, 02:34:01 am »
I remember one of the first things that I saw was homeless people sleeping on the sides of Manhattan when we arrived in New York. And I remember turning to my father and saying, 'This doesn't look like the America you promised.'

I call bullshit.  It didn't happen, she's story-telling.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2020, 03:27:35 am »

@Applewood

Well,yes,and no. I have been homeless a few times,myself. I got out of the army with Agent Orange,but no disability rating on it because it wasn't officially recognized as Agent Orange,or service-related. As a result,I was only drawing $46 a month in disability payments,and BECAUSE of that 46 bucks a month,I didn't qualify for unemployment after 7 years in the army and ZERO civilian-related job skills. Also,this was in 1970,the VN war was still raging,and telling people I was a veteran,never mind a SF veteran of VN,automatically meant nobody was going to hire me. Psychotic baby-killer and junkie,don'tchaknow?

I actually had people refuse to hire me BECAUSE I had been a SF NCO. They came right out and told me they were afraid I was a psycho killer. It can easily get to the point where you just quit trying.

This probably made me aware of other people's positions than most. There were,and are,plenty of women abandoned with small children and zero options,for example. I even knew a guy in his 20's living in public housing and drawing welfare that LOOKED to be perfectly healthy,but had serious cancer problems and was in remission when I knew him. He still had plenty of problems with weakness and hospital appointments that pretty much kept him from getting a job. He also didn't have any family to help him out. Only child and both parents dead.

Sure,this sort of thing isn't epidemic,but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

There is also the "trap" of the welfare system itself. If,for whatever reason you are in the system for a few years,it's hard to break free for a number of reasons. One is it's hard to get a job when you fill out an employment application and have no job references for several years. If you are under 40 and SEEM to be healthy,prospective employers automatically think "prison". Even if it doesn't mean prison,it does mean "This goober has no work experience and I am going to have to train them",which means minimum wage job with no future.

Then,like it or not,there are the professional "baby mama's" that are retired in place because they are both ignorant and lazy,and welfare pays them a lot more than they could ever  hope to earn from working menial part-time jobs. All they have to do is pop out another baby every few years,and they are rolling in the dough. This CAN be "cured" by forcing them to use birth control devices that are implanted and removable in the future ,and those who refuse lose their children to adoption services and are put out on the street immediately after refusal. For many,that is the only way to break the chain that ends up with daughter,mother,and grandmother,all living in the same public housing and all on welfare for life.

I am sure most of you probably personally know someone who needed these services at one time or another,due to no fault of their own. This is real life,and "stuff" happens/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2020, 03:29:56 am »
Her "American dream" is the annihilation of Christians and Jews, and the implementation of Sharia in America, I suspect.
@mountaineer

And there it is.

The worse part,in MY mind is she is benefiting from our system while working hard to destroy it,and laughing at us for being fools the whole time.  The worse part is she is right. We ARE fools to allow this to happen.

BTW,it's not just Christians and Jews. I am a Heathen,and she wants me dead as much as she wants you or anyone else dead. There ain't no such concept as "live and let live" in Islam.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 03:33:46 am by sneakypete »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2020, 02:03:58 pm »
@sneakypete

I have no objection to lending a helping hand in times of trouble and I have known people who took advantage of public assistance when they truly needed it.  My mother's family "went on relief" as it was called during the Great Depression when my grandfather was out of work with a wife and five kids to provide for.  But back then, having to take government assistance was considered shameful.  Every effort was made to get out of the government bureaucracy as soon as possible.  My grandmother took in laundry, the older girls cleaned houses and eventually, Mom, being the oldest, found a factory job.  My grandfather finally went back to work and the government assistance stopped.

Today, we have multiple generations on the dole.  I remember some years ago reading an article about three generations of one family on public assistance and living in public housing.  The first generation had problems beyond their control, so ok, they  needed the assistance   But what about the next two generations?  They dropped out of school, did drugs, got pregnant and so on instead of lifting themselves out of poverty.  Yet, the rest of us who stayed in school,, stayed clean, got up and went to work instead of making babies -- we are supposed to support them?    What's wrong with this picture?

You had a tough time, but ultimately, you lifted yourself up and out from poverty and homelessness.  That I admire.  It's the ones who expect the rest of us who work or worked for what we have to take care of them indefinitely, who won't take advantage of the education and job programs we already have -- and the politicians who rob us of our hard earned money to buy these freeloaders' votes -- these are the ones I object to.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2020, 12:58:10 pm »
In America you generally have opportunity. You may succeed or you may fail.
If she wants guarantees against failure, she's dreaming, all right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2020, 02:28:27 pm »
In America you generally have opportunity. You may succeed or you may fail.
If she wants guarantees against failure, she's dreaming, all right.

The only way to guarantee no failure is to ensure there is no success to measure against. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2020, 03:54:17 pm »
The only way to guarantee no failure is to ensure there is no success to measure against.

@Cyber Liberty

And THAT is the siren call of communism for most people. None of their failures are ever their fault.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2020, 04:07:40 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

And THAT is the siren call of communism for most people. None of their failures are ever their fault.

@sneakypete

And people who see themselves as failures love to see successful people brought down.  It's envy on steroids.  It's a two-fer.
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2020, 04:51:16 pm »
Can we send her back yet?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis