Author Topic: Dershowitz justifies Senate not calling witnesses: ‘Can’t introduce evidence if there’s no legitimat  (Read 237 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dershowitz justifies Senate not calling witnesses: ‘Can’t introduce evidence if there’s no legitimate indictment’
by Madison Dibble
 | February 02, 2020 10:22 AM

Attorney and White House defense team member Alan Dershowitz defended the Senate’s decision not to hear from additional witnesses during President Trump's impeachment trial.

Dershowitz, 81, argued that the foundation for the House's impeachment was illegitimate and did not require additional testimony from witnesses during an interview on Fox News Sunday. The Constitutional scholar said the Senate was justified in its decision to ignore revelations from John Bolton because he doesn’t believe anything the former national security adviser claimed about Trump was an impeachable offense.

“If somebody were accused of the crime of abuse of power or dishonesty, something that’s not a crime, what you do is make a motion to dismiss,” Dershowitz explained. “And the other side says, ‘No, we want to introduce evidence.’ No, no, no, no. You can’t introduce evidence if there’s no legitimate indictment.”

He continued, “Here, the articles of impeachment did not charge an impeachable offense. So the right answer is to dismiss it and cut it off right there. No amount of witnesses could have changed that conclusion.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dershowitz-justifies-senate-not-calling-witnesses-cant-introduce-evidence-if-theres-no-legitimate-indictment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline AL

I'd say that Dershowitz  is several pay grades above the democrat party.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'd say that Dershowitz  is several pay grades above the democrat party.

:yowsa: definitely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dershowitz on Trump’s Likely Acquittal: ‘It’s the Fault of Nancy Pelosi and Others for Failing to Charge an Impeachable Offense’
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/02/02/dershowitz-on-trumps-likely-acquittal-its-the-fault-of-nancy-pelosi-and-others-for-failing-to-charge-an-impeachable-offense/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

Dershowitz has done good here.