Author Topic: Groundhog Day results 2020: No shadow! Phil predicts early spring is coming  (Read 333 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Groundhog Day results 2020: No shadow! Phil predicts early spring is coming

The results are in: On Groundhog Day 2020, Punxsutawney Phil could not find his shadow. And as the legend goes, this means we're in for an early spring.

The Pennsylvania groundhog isn't the only weather-predicting rodent in this quirky American tradition, but he is the most famous.

And according to the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club, his opinion is the only one that matters.

More:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/02/02/groundhog-day-2020-results-phil-predicts-early-spring-sees-no-shadow/4596947002/
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

But he predicted six more weeks of Impeachment.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But he predicted six more weeks of Impeachment.

That could be good news for our side.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

I get a kick out of the groundhog every year.  If you think about it, whatever he "predicts" is right.  "Six more weeks of winter" is correct if you go by the calendar -- approximately six weeks from today is the official start of spring.  And the prediction of an early spring is actually "spring is just around the corner" -- a phrase so sufficiently vague, no matter how you interpret it, it's correct. 

Yes, I know it's silly, but this event brings a lot of people to the sleepy town of Punxsutawney every year, which has to be good for the local economy.  And the guys who dress in their top hats and tails and pull Phil out of his burrow seem to have a lot of fun doing it.  About the only one I'm sure who doesn't like it is Phil.  Imagine being all warm and comfy in your home when someone yanks you out of it into the cold and shines lights into your eyes.  I don't think I'd be too happy if anyone did that to me.

Offline corbe

His predecessor is unavailable for comment
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And if you're wondering how your local groundhog (if you have one) predicted:

http://www.fullervision.net/groundhog.html

But a warning... groundhogs are lousy meteorologists.  wink777
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod