Author Topic: Collins: It would be 'helpful' for Trump to apologize  (Read 359 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Collins: It would be 'helpful' for Trump to apologize
« on: February 05, 2020, 01:21:49 am »
Collins: It would be 'helpful' for Trump to apologize
By Jordain Carney - 02/04/20 07:42 PM EST

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) said on Tuesday that it would be "helpful" for President Trump to apologize for asking Ukraine to help investigate Democrats but appeared to rule out a formal reprimand by the Senate.

"I think that would be helpful. President Clinton did that in 1999. It took him a while, but, finally, he did apologize for his actions," Collins said during an interview with CBS's Norah O'Donnell when asked if Trump should apologize.

Collins said during the interview that it was "improper" for Trump to bring up former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden during the July phone call and that Trump's conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky was "far from ... perfect."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/481508-collins-it-would-be-helpful-for-trump-to-apologize
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Collins: It would be 'helpful' for Trump to apologize
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 01:25:51 am »
Kiss off, Ms. Collins...!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 01:27:43 am »
Kiss off, Ms. Collins...!

First vote to acquit then kiss off!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 01:40:19 am »
Have a nice cup of Hell No.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 01:44:35 am »
Have a nice cup of Hell No.

I picture Eddie Murphy in that barbershop scene...talking about Rocky Marciano   ROFL!!!

Add a "Eff you, eff you, and eff you!  Who's next?"     :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 02:35:52 am »
Apologize for what?!

For asserting executive privilege, like Presidents have done for decades? Trump was defending Presidential authority granted by the Constitution from House Dems' usurpation attempts.

For asking Ukraine to investigate corruption that might have implicated Hunter and/or Joe Biden? The corruption was real, and being a Presidential candidate does not immunize Joe Biden from an investigation involving real corruption. Especially when Joe boasted on video of arm-twisting Ukraine to fire the prosecutor who was investigating that corruption. Trump was doing his job, properly!

No apology is warranted.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 03:56:52 am »
For asking Ukraine to investigate corruption that might have implicated Hunter and/or Joe Biden? The corruption was real, and being a Presidential candidate does not immunize Joe Biden from an investigation involving real corruption. Especially when Joe boasted on video of arm-twisting Ukraine to fire the prosecutor who was investigating that corruption. Trump was doing his job, properly!

It begs the question doesn't it? Who else but State SHOULD investigate the thing? And if one party should not investigate the other, who THEN? and how is this impeachment attempt not the same damn thing?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 03:57:54 am »
FOR WHAT?!?!?!?!

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 06:06:37 am »
I have one of my old-school ArneRiffic predictions:

That's not gonna happen.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 08:43:13 am »
 :pigs fly:

:laughingdog:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 12:40:31 pm »
With her making this statement, let's hope she isn't changing her mind.

He has no need to apologize; Nancy and her band of liberal idiots should be apologizing to him and ultimately to the American people for this sham of an impeachment and wasting all this time.  This was nothing more than an effort to remove him from office because they know they can't legitimately beat him at the polls.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 12:57:14 pm »
I FORMALLY apologize, that Biden's crack whore son was making more than a million dollars a year in a job from Ukraine.
I FORMALLY apologize that Joe Biden extorted the Ukraine government to fire a prosecutor who was looking into this.

The weirdest part of this whole circus is that President Trump was charged with a crime that Joe Biden committed and bragged about doing publically?

I've never seen anything like this in my life.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.