Author Topic: White House plans to use State of the Union for impeachment victory lap  (Read 1086 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: White House plans to use State of the Union for impeachment victory lap
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2020, 12:17:00 am »
Oh so saying positive things about this country is now a "Victory Lap"?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2020, 12:22:28 am »
Oh so saying positive things about this country is now a "Victory Lap"?

It's irrelevant since the Senate GOP decided to give the rats until Wednesday to vote.  Now, we'll see Motion after Motion calling for witnesses.  They voted one down earlier 51-49, but right now there is already a second Motion calling for witnesses.  That means the Whip count starts from scratch.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2020, 12:51:21 am »
AND like democrats and the media, #nevertrumpers HERE frequently engage in mind reading.
Oh come on, be fair, everybody here engages in mind reading at one time or another, we just get amnesia afterwards.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2020, 12:54:58 am »
He hasn't been acquitted yet and he would be very foolish to claim any kind of victory.  It appears that at the earliest the trial will end the day after the State of the Union.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2020, 01:07:57 am »
He hasn't been acquitted yet and he would be very foolish to claim any kind of victory.  It appears that at the earliest the trial will end the day after the State of the Union.

Turtle and Putz-head engineered it that way.  Neither wanted Trump to be exonerated in time for the SOTU.  Remember what George Carlin said about "Bipartisan."  It means there is an unusually high level of deception going on.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2020, 01:10:32 am »
Turtle and Putz-head engineered it that way.  Neither wanted Trump to be exonerated in time for the SOTU.  Remember what George Carlin said about "Bipartisan."  It means there is an unusually high level of deception going on.

888high58888  Ain't that the truth!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2020, 01:58:15 am »
On one hand, it's however many days in which the MSM-Dem coalition can attempt further Kavanaughing. On the other, it keeps Dem Senators out of Iowa.

Trump's got the better part of a year to rub Dems' noses in their stupidity, and no doubt they'll give Trump even more campaign material.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2020, 02:27:38 am »
On one hand, it's however many days in which the MSM-Dem coalition can attempt further Kavanaughing. On the other, it keeps Dem Senators out of Iowa.

Trump's got the better part of a year to rub Dems' noses in their stupidity, and no doubt they'll give Trump even more campaign material.

The Dem Senators get tomorrow and Sunday in IA, thanks to the great deal McConnell and Schumer worked out.  Back to work Monday, so they're out the day of the Caucuses.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2020, 02:37:14 am »
It's irrelevant since the Senate GOP decided to give the rats until Wednesday to vote.  Now, we'll see Motion after Motion calling for witnesses.  They voted one down earlier 51-49, but right now there is already a second Motion calling for witnesses.  That means the Whip count starts from scratch.

I think it's less the "Senate GOP" making that decision than it is a few recalcitrant Senators forcing that decision on the rest.  That's what happens when the margin is so small.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2020, 02:42:26 am »
I think it's less the "Senate GOP" making that decision than it is a few recalcitrant Senators forcing that decision on the rest.  That's what happens when the margin is so small.

That may very well be, but....I have difficulty imagining the squishes are enjoying the scrutiny, Collins is complaining about threatening phone calls.  This sounds more like Mitch didn't want Trump making a circus out of the SOTU, so he allowed the delay.  I think it's a big mistake.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2020, 04:16:50 am »
As much as I try to,  I find it impossible to like or trust The Turtle.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2020, 04:34:57 am »
As much as I try to,  I find it impossible to like or trust The Turtle.

191 Federal District and Appeals Court and 2 SCOTUS confirmations.   

He delivered a repeal of ACA until that backstabber from AZ betrayed everyone.

He's an acolyte of the Senate and its arcane rules and procedures.  He believes in it.   Four days of "deliberations" in the U.S. Senate is nothing to him ... it's what he absolutely believes the Constitutional role of the Senate entails.

No big deal.  No further witnesses or testimonies.  Let the RATS and the drive-by MSM gutter rodents spend a couple of days on their "Trail of Tears" tour.  Nobody but the slavering and agitated "resistors"  are paying attention right now.  Trump will deliver a great SOTU, he will be acquitted on Wednesday and we'll all watch  :2popcorn: the DNC establishment freak out over the Bernie win in Iowa and likely win in NH.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 05:00:14 am by ArneFufkin »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2020, 04:43:58 am »
That may very well be, but....I have difficulty imagining the squishes are enjoying the scrutiny, Collins is complaining about threatening phone calls.  This sounds more like Mitch didn't want Trump making a circus out of the SOTU, so he allowed the delay.  I think it's a big mistake.

And then right before the vote..."Marcia Schumer" says...

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2020, 04:55:47 am »
And then right before the vote..."Marcia Schumer" says...

Cue stage right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdIev12fCPs

Offline dancer

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2020, 07:43:28 am »
I still think he should tape one of his rallies in which he describes his accomplishments and plans and send that tape to Congress saying he believes House and Senate Dems make speaking before Congress unsafe. :smokin:

Funny but true.   333cleo

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2020, 02:02:45 pm »
191 Federal District and Appeals Court and 2 SCOTUS confirmations.   

He delivered a repeal of ACA until that backstabber from AZ betrayed everyone.

He's an acolyte of the Senate and its arcane rules and procedures.  He believes in it.   Four days of "deliberations" in the U.S. Senate is nothing to him ... it's what he absolutely believes the Constitutional role of the Senate entails.

No big deal.  No further witnesses or testimonies.  Let the RATS and the drive-by MSM gutter rodents spend a couple of days on their "Trail of Tears" tour.  Nobody but the slavering and agitated "resistors"  are paying attention right now.  Trump will deliver a great SOTU, he will be acquitted on Wednesday and we'll all watch  :2popcorn: the DNC establishment freak out over the Bernie win in Iowa and likely win in NH.

Thanks @ArneFufkin.  I needed to see that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2020, 02:59:35 pm »
Thanks @ArneFufkin.  I needed to see that.

Dittos to what @Bigun said, @ArneFufkin!
I will NOT comply.