Author Topic: Lawmakers want to know why people are leaving New York state  (Read 777 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Lawmakers want to know why people are leaving New York state
« on: January 31, 2020, 08:25:48 pm »
https://www.whec.com/news/lawmakers-want-to-know-why-people-are-leaving-new-york-state/5629529/?cat=565

ALBANY, N.Y. (WHEC) — Two state lawmakers want to find out why people are leaving New York faster than almost any other state in the country.
According to the Empire Center for Public Policy, 1.4 million people have left New York since 2010. The report shows the majority of people who left moved to Florida, Texas, California, and Pennsylvania.

Republican Sen. Jim Tedisco and Democratic Assemblyman Angelo Santabarbara, who chairs the Commission on Rural Resources, say they will put a questionnaire online ...

California is less stupid than NY? Well Goobernor Nuisance is working to rectumfy that problem! More seriously, I suspect many NYers coming to CA are heading for jobs in Silicon Valley.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Lawmakers want to know why people are leaving New York state
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 12:44:50 am »
Because it’s too expensive?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 02:57:45 am »
I'd be happy to tell them why, for free.  But no...there's a "study."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 03:01:24 am »
Gather all your fellow lawmakers in front of a mirror and take a good look at why, you  888mouth

(Forum inappropriate language averted).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 03:02:15 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 03:09:42 am »
Termites ran out of wood to eat, so they move on to the next house.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 04:36:32 pm »
Republican Sen. Jim Tedisco and Democratic Assemblyman Angelo Santabarbara, who chairs the Commission on Rural Resources, say they will put a questionnaire online and hold roundtable meetings across the state to get to the bottom of this trend before the Empire State becomes the "Empty State."

One would think a Republican would know the reasons well and enunciate them, rather than this charade.

And wouldn't be better to ask those who left rather than asking those who stay?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 04:46:20 pm »
Republican Sen. Jim Tedisco and Democratic Assemblyman Angelo Santabarbara, who chairs the Commission on Rural Resources, say they will put a questionnaire online and hold roundtable meetings across the state to get to the bottom of this trend before the Empire State becomes the "Empty State."

One would think a Republican would know the reasons well and enunciate them, rather than this charade.

And wouldn't be better to ask those who left rather than asking those who stay?

A "New York Republican" would be called a "Democrat" in most states.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 04:52:21 pm »
Because it sucks?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2020, 05:03:37 pm »
Termites ran out of wood to eat, so they move on to the next house.

NY's taxpayers don't like high taxes and NY's leaches don't like cold weather. NY's retirees like neither. Taxpayers will go to Texas, leaches to CA, retirees to FLA.

Got no answer for why anyone would go to Pennsylvania though.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 05:05:02 pm by skeeter »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2020, 05:26:42 pm »
NY's taxpayers don't like high taxes and NY's leaches don't like cold weather. NY's retirees like neither. Taxpayers will go to Texas, leaches to CA, retirees to FLA.

The locusts will go for the closest target of opportunity.
I will NOT comply.

Offline darroll

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 06:52:48 pm »
I heard NY will tax your grand children before they are born.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2020, 06:56:08 pm »
https://www.whec.com/news/lawmakers-want-to-know-why-people-are-leaving-new-york-state/5629529/?cat=565

California is less stupid than NY? Well Goobernor Nuisance is working to rectumfy that problem! More seriously, I suspect many NYers coming to CA are heading for jobs in Silicon Valley.

They are leaving for a myriad of reasons...taxes...regulations...crime etc.

I'm glad they are finally wising up and leaving those hell hole states and cities...my problem with it is the fact they move to these states where they have more freedoms...less crime less regulation less taxes and immediately start voting and electing people in their new state who want to make it like the place they just left.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2020, 06:57:14 pm »

There are some areas of Pennsylvania that aren't Philly or Pittsburgh that are Red Conservative areas that are pretty nice.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2020, 02:03:39 am »

Jobs. In PA, they frac the Marcellus Shale, make Natural Gas wells, people earn a decent living. In New York, they go hungry because of the fraccing ban .
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2020, 01:26:12 pm »
Jobs. In PA, they frac the Marcellus Shale, make Natural Gas wells, people earn a decent living. In New York, they go hungry because of the fraccing ban .
More often, they either leech off government jobs or they leave.

There are a few factory jobs (most are low-paying shift work with not very good working conditions) but there's very little middle-class work outside the government. Lots of seasonal and minimum wage jobs, which are again mostly shift work, nights and weekends. The powers that be don't understand how destructive that is to the social structure of a community when everyone's working at different times.

That, I think more than anything, is why I suspect there's such a drive to jack up the minimum wage, to cover up for the poor quality of work that's available and make those jobs look more palatable.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2020, 01:29:15 pm »
More often, they either leech off government jobs or they leave.

There are a few factory jobs (most are low-paying shift work with not very good working conditions) but there's very little middle-class work outside the government. Lots of seasonal and minimum wage jobs, which are again mostly shift work, nights and weekends. The powers that be don't understand how destructive that is to the social structure of a community when everyone's working at different times.

That, I think more than anything, is why I suspect there's such a drive to jack up the minimum wage, to cover up for the poor quality of work that's available and make those jobs look more palatable.

Someone once asked me if I'd be willing to relocate to Hudson Valley to work at Global Foundries Semiconductors.  No way, Jose.  Not a chance.  Even for a R&D gig.
I will NOT comply.