Author Topic: John Bolton told Democrats to investigate sacking of Ukraine ambassador, lawmaker says  (Read 202 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Bolton told Democrats to investigate sacking of Ukraine ambassador, lawmaker says
by Joel Gehrke
 | January 29, 2020 05:28 PM

John Bolton urged congressional Democrats to investigate President Trump’s ouster of the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, according to a senior lawmaker.

“Ambassador Bolton suggested to me, unprompted, that the committee look into the recall of Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch,” House Foreign Affairs Chairman Eliot Engel, a New York Democrat, said on Wednesday. “He strongly implied that something improper had occurred around her removal as our top diplomat in Kyiv.”

That conversation took place on Sept. 23, according to Engel. The revelation depicts Trump’s former national security adviser encouraging an investigation of the president one day before Engel and other Democratic leaders began the impeachment probe.

“At the time, I said nothing publicly about what was a private conversation, but because this detail was relevant to the Foreign Affairs, Intelligence, and Oversight Committee's investigation into this matter, I informed my investigative colleagues," Engel said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/john-bolton-told-democrats-to-investigate-sacking-of-ukraine-ambassador-lawmaker-says
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34