Author Topic: Mitt Romney wants Republican witnesses in exchange for witnesses called by Democrats  (Read 195 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitt Romney wants Republican witnesses in exchange for witnesses called by Democrats
by Kerry Picket
 | January 28, 2020 01:36 PM

Sen. Mitt Romney, a Republican from Utah who wants former national security adviser John Bolton to testify in the president's impeachment trial, said he supports Republican witnesses being called too.

When the Washington Examiner asked on Tuesday if former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter should be called as well, Romney responded, "I think if you heard from one side, you probably ought to have the chance to hear from a witness from the other side."

Democrats pressed Republicans to call Bolton as a witness on Monday after a draft manuscript of his new book was leaked to the media. In the book, Bolton alleges that Trump wanted to withhold military assistance from Ukraine to pressure the government to open an investigation into Joe Biden and Hunter Biden.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mitt-romney-wants-republican-witnesses-in-exchange-for-witnesses-called-by-democrats
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline conservativevoter

I would agree with calling Bolton ONLY if the Bidens come and swear to their wrongdoing. No ifs, ands, or butts.  Just have the lying sacks bear truthful witness for once in their lives. :beer:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Sen. Mitt Romney, a Republican f  RINO from Utah
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I would agree with calling Bolton ONLY if the Bidens come and swear to their wrongdoing. No ifs, ands, or butts.  Just have the lying sacks bear truthful witness for once in their lives. :beer:

If and only if.  That would have to be in one vote.  If the Rats want separate votes for theirs and ours, then it's no deal.  All or nothing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

I don't think that the "Trump team" should do anything to appease Romney.  Nothing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.