Author Topic: After the Stillborn Impeachment Finally Is Dismissed, Trump Should Employ Greater Prudence During th  (Read 520 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 After the Stillborn Impeachment Finally Is Dismissed, Trump Should Employ Greater Prudence During the Next Five Years

No reason to give the haters anything to play with.

by Dov Fischer
January 25, 2020, 12:02 AM

As a very smart young rabbi, a graduate of Columbia University and Yeshiva University, I was quite confident of two things: (i) the inherent goodness of all people, and (ii) my own intelligence. As I subsequently learned in due time, that is the most lethal mix imaginable, a sure-fire path to self-destruction. Because of that mix, I married the wrong person, allowed myself to be induced to make the only two disastrous decisions that changed, altered, and ruined important aspects of my life’s journey, and ended up being cheated out of my first 20 years’ life’s savings.

And then in 1990, after 10 successful years in the rabbinate, I went to a great law school. The law school was 98 percent top-heavy with radical Leftist law professors, but I long-by-then knew when Leftists were undertaking to reeducate and indoctrinate me. So I ate up and consumed every morsel of law I could glean, while discarding the chaff of Leftist indoctrination. On my final exams, I fed back to my professors the Leftist pablum they were looking for, along with the substantive law they had taught me, and I did so well that I emerged as a top graduate, a finalist to deliver the class graduation speech (rejected only because the proposed speech that I submitted espoused conservative values), and one of two finalists for editor-in-chief of their law review. I ultimately was named Chief Articles Editor of Law Review because the outgoing law review editorial board, in debating the merits of the two finalists, explicitly stated during their secret deliberations that they could not imagine how an Orthodox Jew conceivably could handle a full law school courseload plus all the duties of being editor-in-chief of the law review if he would not work on the Friday nights and Saturday nights of his Sabbath. Moreover, they said, Dov was father to three young children at home, so he just would not have time. So the tolerant liberals voted not to give the Orthodox Jew, father of three, that role but instead the N0. 2 role, chief articles editor. I loved that. And it was a role that led to the single best thing that ever had happened to me up to that time, an opportunity to clerk in the United States Court of Appeals for the finest person I ever have known, Chief Judge Danny J. Boggs. (And I am indebted to the outraged law review board members who leaked to me how I had been denied solely because I am an Orthodox Jew and a father.)

more
https://spectator.org/after-the-stillborn-impeachment-finally-is-dismissed-trump-should-employ-greater-prudence-during-the-next-five-years/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
After the Stillborn Impeachment Finally Is Dismissed, Trump Should Employ Greater Prudence During the Next Five Years

@mystery-ak

I am sure he will. After all,if there is one thing Bad Orange Man is known for,it is his modesty,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

@mystery-ak

I am sure he will. After all,if there is one thing Bad Orange Man is known for,it is his modesty,right?

What some people fail to appreciate is that Trump accomplished things in office (many of which we can all appreciate) not in spite of his personality and methods, but because of them.

Since he wasn’t a phony to begin with when he got to office he will not change his approach one iota in his second term in office. Trump will be Trump.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What some people fail to appreciate is that Trump accomplished things in office (many of which we can all appreciate) not in spite of his personality and methods, but because of them.

Since he wasn’t a phony to begin with when he got to office he will not change his approach one iota in his second term in office. Trump will be Trump.

@aligncare

EXACTLY!

Trump isn't shooting for wealth and position. He has had both his whole life. He is shooting for a unique place in the history books as one of the most effective Presidents in the history of the United States,and he can't be paid off or scared away from his goal.

He is NOT stupid,despite the APPEARANCE of stupidity as one of his greatest assets that has helped him come out on top of deals all his life. His opponents,who are always people with egos as big as his if not bigger,ALWAYS think he is a fool that can be taken advantage of because they think THEY are smarter than every one else.

The truth is he has been "playing" them from the beginning.

Trump may be the only president in history that leaves office with less money than when he entered office. He knew this was going to happen when he decided to run because he knew he would be stepping on the toes of the "movers and shakers" in business and politics,and he knows these people well enough to know those people will seek their revenge by trying to shut him out of deals for the rest of his life.

IMNSHO,this is why he moved from NYC to Florida. He lived in NYC because that is the financial center of America,and THE place to be to make money. Now he's moving away because he knows he is going to cut out of the circle when he leaves office.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 05:18:10 pm by sneakypete »

Offline PeteS in CA

Why should Trump surrender after winning? Why placate the losers? Trump just needs to keep doing good things, and if it POs the Dems, too damn bad.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Absalom

Good advice from Fischer which sadly, will be ignored.
While Man is not clairvoyant, a core of Conservatism is
the Principle of Prudence which requires that decisions
taken in the present be measured against their likely
consequences, positive and negative, in the future.
The great leaders understood this but Trump most surely
is not one of them.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 03:33:33 am by Absalom »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Good advice from Fischer which sadly, will be ignored.
While Man is not clairvoyant, a core of Conservatism is
the Principle of Prudence which requires that decisions
taken in the present be measured against their
consequences in the future.
The great leaders understood this but Trump most surely
is not one of them.

Caving in and going polite will end up throwing away his second term, to the delight of the permanent bureaucracy.  The author is FOS.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"After the Stillborn Impeachment Finally Is Dismissed, Trump Should Employ Greater Prudence During the Next Five Years"

No!
Nonsense!

If anything, TURN UP the heat and INCREASE the pressure on the democrat-communists !!

Did I make myself clear?????

Offline Absalom

Caving in and going polite will end up throwing away his second term, to the delight of the permanent bureaucracy.  The author is FOS.
----------------------------
Prudence is certainly not politeness, rather its foresight which breeds wisdom.
Apparently some think running off at the mouth before putting the brain in
gear, is the way to go.

Online roamer_1

Quote from:  the title

Even if he had the desire, he does not have the ability.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Even if he had the desire, he does not have the ability.

@roamer_1

Yeah,he should be more like Boy Jorge. Look at how wonderfully THAT worked for the cause of conservatism and the survival of America as a free and independent nation!

Maybe he can even give the DNC a office is the WH,and consult with them before he does anything?

I know,I know! He can make  Hillary his VP to show the Dims there are no hard feelings and to unite the nation! Yeah,THAT's the ticket!

Online roamer_1

Yeah,he should be more like Boy Jorge. Look at how wonderfully THAT worked for the cause of conservatism and the survival of America as a free and independent nation!

@sneakypete
I see em about the same, though Tumpy certainly the more boorish of the two.

You continue to mark me as a moderate - and a Bush accolyte - which is totally bullcrap. I am just about as much a fan of Dubya as I am of Tump.

As a nativist, so called by Bush, I am not a fan at all. There is nothing conservative there, any more than there is now... But with the same rabid defenders.

Offline PeteS in CA

Reagan, GHWB, and GWB went that route and Dems responded by increasing their sludge flood. So Trump has learned what the Dems taught. And it has Dems and their MSM shills bat-guano crazy ... and unable to handle Trump.

I suspect Trump also understands the foolishness of following the "advice" of people who HATE him.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 02:57:55 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Absalom

Reagan, GHWB, and GWB went that route and Dems responded by increasing their sludge flood. So Trump has learned what the Dems taught. And it has Dems and their MSM shills bat-guano crazy ... and unable to handle Trump.
I suspect Trump also understands the foolishness of following the "advice" of people who HATE him.
-----------------------
Er...............firstly, lumping Reagan w/the Bush buffoons is dishonest, as he had brains.
Had Reagan not thrown a life-preserver to Bush 1980, we would likely have been spared
these two, one a mediocrity and the other a failure.
As for "Trump has learned....... and Trump understands......" ?????
A prerequisite for learning is humility, to accept than one does NOT know/understand
and be willing to change present attitudes or behaviors as necessary.
For Trump humility is a bridge he will never traverse, as he radiates hubris,
then closes the door retreating into his narcissism.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
-----------------------
For Trump humility is a bridge he will never traverse, as he radiates hubris,
then closes the door retreating into his narcissism.

@Absalom

Are you looking for a spouse,or a president?

Offline PeteS in CA

-----------------------
Er...............firstly, lumping Reagan w/the Bush buffoons is dishonest, as he had brains.

@Absalom, my statement was accurate, not dishonest. Reagan "took the high road" with the Dems. And the Dems responded with attacks. I did not otherwise "lump" Reagan with GHWB or GWB, though I could have mentioned, with similar accuracy, that GHWB was Reagan's VP. Don't attribute meaning to my comments that is clearly not in my comments, please.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 09:39:00 pm by PeteS in CA »

Offline GrouchoTex

I would agree.
Why should he change to something he s not?